Setting up an AirPort base station (ABS) is something Apple customers do every day. However adding an AirPort Express (AE) as a relay to extend the range of a local Wi-Fi network is a bit trickier and is not extremely well documented. Here how to do it?
1. Connect your DSL or cable modem to your AirPort Express using the WAN Ethernet port.
2. Connect your AirPort Express to your home stereo or powered speakers.
3. Plug AirPort Express into the power outlet. There is no "on" switch.
4. Use AirPort Utility to create a new network. Ensure that "Enable AirPlay/AirTunes" is checked in the Music tab.
5. Open iTunes on your computer and choose the AirPort Express(es) you wish to stream music through from the speakers pop-up menu in the lower right-hand corner of the iTunes window.
The Apple Airport Express base station allows you to share devices such as speakers or printers with a single computer wirelessly.
The possibilities for cool technology projects this introduces are exciting. For instance using the Airport Express you can connect speakers in every room in your house to one iTunes library to create a wireless home music network.
You can also send print jobs to printers in other rooms. Whatever your goal if you need to share data from your Mac wirelessly the Airport Express makes it happen with an electrical outlet and a little configuration.
Here's how. Start by plugging the Airport Express into an electrical outlet in the room you want to use it in.
Then go to your computer and if you don't already have the Airport Utility software installed install it from the CD that comes with the Airport Express.
How To Configure Airport Express on MAC?
Ans: To secure Apple Airport router, change your wirele...
Ans: Apple airport routers are the finest device in usi...
Ans: Configure Apple Airport Express on MAC : 1. Con...
Ans: Reset the Airport Extreme back to default settings...
Ans: A reset is the first step in a process that restor...
|Awarded a Best Answer||10 points|
|Answer Questions||2 points|
|Choose a Best Answer||3 points|
Technical Support Toll Free 1-800-214-6802 For Instant Help