I have done several internet searches trying to find how I can send a wireless signal through my house with this router and the main thing I got was to go to the address 192.168.1.1 and configure my router. The thing is though is that while I can configure the router with a password and everything I still cannot get connected to the internet. Can anyone walk me through this step by step?
Follow the below points...
1. Start with a wired PC.
2. On the back of the router remove the "Run CD First" tape.
3. Disconnect the existing network cable from the network jack of your PC set it aside for now.
4. Power the router.
5. Press and hold the RESET button on the new router for 30 seconds.
6. Reboot your PC to make sure it gets a new address from the new router.
7. After reboot start your browser and type in: https://192.168.1.1 - you will be asked for: Login ID = admin and a Password = admin (Linksys defaults). If 192.168.1.1 will not load try 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.2.1 instead. The manual will provide the default IP address for the router if the router fails to produce a login page.
8. Go to the Wireless Configuration page and start configuring the wireless options such as Wireless SSID - Do not use "linksys" pick something else like "charlie".
9. In the Wireless security settings page use "WPA-Personal" level security at minimum and a wireless security key at least 8 digits/letters long and you are done.
10. Go back to the main Router page set the local IP address to an unused address on the original router's network.
11. Set the "DHCP" Server to "Disable".
12. Save the settings the router will restart.
13. Connect the cable from your existing network (disconnected in Step 3) into the LAN Port #1 and reboot your PC.
14. Go find your wireless laptop and log into your new wireless access point satisfied that 15 minutes saved you $50.
The Linksys routers use a web browser as an interface so it's pretty easy to work with.
1.First navigate your browser to 192.168.1.1 (type this where you would normally enter a url like www.google.com
2.Enter your password (there is no user name) * I'm running Firmware v4.30.5 so your screen might look slightly different but look for the wireless tab on the dashboard: --> opening screen pointing to the wireless tab.
3.After you've clicked on the Wireless tab look for the Wireless Security sub-tab. This might be confusing because you have to resist the temptation to click on the Security tab above that! the wireless security tab .
4.On the Wireless Security page: --> Set the Security Mode to WPA Personal --> Set the WPA Algorithms to TKIP --> Enter a COMPLEX password for WPA Shared Key. A complex password is at least 8 characters is not a normal word that could ever be looked up in a dictionary should contain letters numbers lower and upper case characters. Including non-alpha numeric characters will improve the security of your password.
5.Make sure you make a note of this password! Note that for the screenshot below I didn't show my Password but when you type it in it will be visible so keep that in mind if there are people around! --> Leave the Group Key Renewal at 3600 seconds --> Click on Save Settings --> Enter WPA Shared Key Password --> You are now secure. Keep one more thing in mind. Occasionally it's necessary to reboot a router when things just stop working by unplugging or pushing in the reset button on the back when things get hinky. Make SURE you go back in to this control panel and make sure your router password AND your WPA password are restored. They WILL be erased if the router is reset!
How to Configure Linksys Router WRT54G?
Ans: Step 1: Insert one end of the Ethernet cable into ...
Ans: May be this will help you .............1. Insert t...
Ans: Routers have one of the most favorable devices to ...
Ans: Update Firmware for Linksys Router: If you have...
Ans: Securing your Linksys Wireless Router is Easy and ...
|Awarded a Best Answer||10 points|
|Answer Questions||2 points|
|Choose a Best Answer||3 points|
Technical Support Toll Free 1-800-214-6802 For Instant Help