Hello, I have a Buffalo WCR-GN Wireless N150 router. For some reason, my laptop cannot detect my network, it can detect other networks nearby but not mine. I have checked my router settings but I'm not what settings to change in order for it to work. I can connect through ethernet cable from the router but not wirelessly. Any ideas?
Hello the problem seems to be due to your data card present in your laptop which might have been dislocated or you may need to re configure your router, follow the steps below to resolve your issues
1. First remove all the connections and wires from your router. Now plug in the ethernet cable from your ISP provider in one of the ports behind, next use another ethernet cable to connect your router to the computer using any of the 4 remaining ports.
2. Once the router has been plugged in the power lights will come on and other lights will begin to light up in a series of flashes. Once the light of router starts blinking that means it has been connected to a network.
3. Now open your web browser and enter 192.168.11.1 in the URL field and press Enter. You will receive a prompt to enter a username and password to access your router settings. You should enter "root" and leave the password field blank, then click OK. This will take you to a page where you can configure your Buffalo wireless router.
4. Click on the admin config button on the right side of the page. Enter the name for your AirStation here and click apply, Wait for the router to restart with new settings and once done refresh your browser window.
5. Now go to the password and put in your password there the admin name remains "root", after entering the password in two fields click on apply.
6. you must remember that password shouldn't be more than 8 characters. Now click on wireless config button on top and change the settings as shown.
7. Now click on security under wireless config and select on WPA/WPA2 mixed mode - PSK. For the WPA-PSK (Pre-Shared Key) field, choose a password that is between 8 and 63 characters (letters and numbers only) and enter it here. Click Apply
8. your router is now reconfigured and ready to use.
How to Connect to a Wireless Network While Using Buffalo Router?
Ans: 1). Open the web browser that you use: Firefox Goo...
Ans: Usually buffalo develops a change mainly for home ...
Ans: That Buffalo router comes w/ an integrated WAP (wi...
Ans: To set Buffalo router as repeater, just follow the...
Ans: There is no need to type the password again -n- ag...
|Awarded a Best Answer||10 points|
|Answer Questions||2 points|
|Choose a Best Answer||3 points|