The setting of your Linksys Password is an easy task, all you need to have is your admin login details. Follow the instructions mentioned below carefully:
1. Connect your PC to your Linksys router either via a wired ethernet connection or wirelessly over the wifi. Wait for few seconds to let the connection get established.
2. Open your web browser and type in your local IP address into the URL address bar at the top and hit Enter. You will be redirected to the login page of your Linksys router.
Note: If you do not know your local IP address click here.
3. On the login portal of your router, you need to enter your username and password in their respective fields to go to the main page. In case you do not know your login details, look under your router, most of the manufacturer prints the details there.
Note: If you cannot find the login details, hard reset your router first, and then try the following default ones.
Username: admin/ user
Password: password/ "blank"
4. Now you will be redirected to the main settings page of your Linksys router. Go to the Security settings page from the main menu.
5. On the main Security settings window, you will notice an option for 'Encryption', set the Encryption type to WPA2 as it is considered to be the safest. Below the Encryption option, you will notice a box for 'Pass-Key' this is your wifi password.
6. Set a strong wifi password with a combination of uppercase, lowercase, and numerals for a unique password. This will prevent intruders from guessing the password. Save the settings and head to the admin settings. From here you can set your login password as well. So change it according to your wish.
7. You have successfully setup Linksys Router Password
Type this into your web browser: https://192.168.1.1 It will bring you to the Linksys setup page. A window will pop up prompting you for a username and password to access the configuration page for your router. Enter "admin" (without quotes) for both the username and password. From there you can change your router name if you feel like it. Click on the Wireless tab at the top of the settings screen. Change the Wireless Network Name (SSID) from the default value to something unique (you can use the same name you set as your Router Name in the previous step. Then Disable the Wireless SSID Broadcast option and click Save Settings. Now click on the Wireless Security subsection at the top of the page. In order to password protect your wireless network first use the Security Mode dropdown box to select WEP and then from the WEP Security dropdown box select 128 bits 26 hex digits. Choose a password between 6 and 8 characters and type it into the Passphrase box. Then click Generate. Finally click Save Settings.
How to setup linksys router password?
Ans: Hye James, if your Linksys router is dropping inte...
Ans: Resetting a router is needed if you need to access...
Ans: Hi Ronald, It sounds to me that the wireless porti...
Ans: The issue of intermittent disconnect could occur d...
Ans: The Linksys routers use a web browser as an interf...
|Awarded a Best Answer||10 points|
|Answer Questions||2 points|
|Choose a Best Answer||3 points|
Linksys Router Technical Support Toll Free 1-888-239-5201 For Instant Help