Setup my Netgear Extender ex6150v2 Manual
Trying to set up Netgear Extender then here we are going to discuss your problem of configuring the NETGEAR ex6150v2 extender. This extender from Netgear is a surprise element to improve the reach of your current Wi-Fi router. EX6150 and EX6150v2 extenders can be configure in Extender mode or visit Point mode. Follow the mentioned easy steps to setup my Netgear Extender ex6150v2 manual.
Access Point Configuration:
- Connect the extender into power outlet and wait for the Power LED to light green. When the Power LED fails to light, push the Power On/off button on the side of the extender.
- Make sure the Access Point/Extender sliding switch is set to Access Point on the EX6150 or EX6150v2.
- Use an Ethernet cable to connect the extender to an Ethernet LAN port on your router.
- On your WiFi-enabled client device, open the WiFi connection manager and locate and connect to one of the following WiFi extender networks:
- 2.4 GHz network. NETGEAR_EXT
- 5 GHz network. NETGEAR_5GEXT
- Once your client device is connected to the Extender Wi-Fi network, it will launch the Extender setup page automatically. If not then launch a web browser and enter mywifiext or the IP 192.168.1.250 in the address field. The New Extender Setup page displays.
- Click the NEW EXTENDER SETUP button.
- Finish the fields on the Create Account page and click the next button.
- It will detect whether the Access Point/Extender switch is set to Access Point or Extender mode. If your Extender is still not in the Access Point mode, please set the button to Access Point and refresh the screen.
- Click on continue and the extender will detect the Internet connection of the router.
- When prompted, set the network name (SSID), security option, and password for 2.4GHz and 5GHz network and click the next button.
Your settings are placed and the extender is ready to be used as an access point
- Connect your WiFi-enabled client device to the new access point WiFi network using the SSID and password that you created in step 10.
- Existing WiFi Network name (SSID): MyHomeNetwork
- New Extender WiFi Network name (SSID): MyHomeNetwork_2GEXT & MyHomeNetwork_5GEXT
- Click the continue button. A page shows that you successfully created an access point.
- Click the next button and the product registration page will appear.
If you haven’t registered your extender, follow the onscreen instructions and register your product. Otherwise you can close the registration page to skip the registration.
To Troubleshoot issues connecting to mywifiext:
- Place your range extender into the same room as your wireless router.
Once setup is done and you have a working connection to the wireless router, you can move the extender to its intended location.
- Confirm that the NETGEAR wireless range extender is connected with a power source. When the extender is receiving power, the power LED lights.
- In case your NETGEAR wireless range extender has a PC to Extender LED or a Device to Extender LED, confirm that it is lit.
In case does not lit, remove from the power cord both ends of the Ethernet cable that is joining your range extender to your device and connect it again.
- In your web browser’s address bar, enter the extender's default IP address:
- In case you remain not able to access your extender, reset your browser and try again.
- Try to use a different web browser to check that the issue is not browser related. Connect your PC to the extender through Ethernet cable.
- Assign your computer a static IP address.
Once you change any network settings, write your current Default gateway (Windows) or Router (Mac) address. Use the IP address 192.168.1.249 and the subnet mask 255.255.255.0.
- In case you remain not able to access your extender, contact Netgear support to speak to an expert.
After reading this post I hope you got your answer how to setup my Netgear Extender ex6150v2 manual.