Hi, I have comcast for a provider and I am suppose to be getting 20 mbps but I am only getting less than 2 mbps. I called comcast and they looked at our modem and they said everything seems to be going okay. I bought a Netgear Dualband router that can sends 300 mbps. Comcast told me that the router and the modem are interfering with each other. I have tried alot of things but nothing seems to work. What should i do to make my internet work faster?
If you’re experiencing connectivity issues, follow these troubleshooting steps:
1. Power cycle your network. Most connectivity issues between cable modems and Netgear router are resolved by performing a power cycle.
2. Check your Netgear router’s firmware version. If you don’t have the latest firmware version, contact your ISP.
3. Remove any splitters that might be located between your cable line or modem router. Splitters reduce the signal quality of the cable line.
4. Check the power levels of the cable line that connects to your cable modem or modem router. If you’re experiencing intermittent connections or slow speeds, your cable line might not have sufficient power levels. If your power levels aren’t within the required levels, contact your ISP.
5. Contact your Internet service provider (ISP) to verify that your device is activated. If you never activated your cable modem or modem router, you must activate it using your ISP’s self-activation process.
6. Now that you know what Wi-Fi channel works best, you’ll need to change your router’s settings.
Accessing your router’s settings requires a browser, like Chrome or Microsoft Edge.
7. Most consumer technologies such as Bluetooth and several Wi-Fi technologies, use the same frequency and 2.4 GHz only has 3 non-overlapping channels. Although, 2.4 GHz possesses a long range, which leads to many different Wi-Fi signals trampling over one another.
Now you have to identify which channels aren’t congested and switch your Netgear router over to it. If that doesn’t work, think about changing your router to a 5 GHz model.
If you need further assistance then call at Netgear Router Technical Support Number.
Netgear N600 Dual Band Router is Being Slow?
Ans: Over thousands of people have switched to a wirele...
Ans: Setup Netgear Nighthawk R7000 Router: Here are ...
Ans: Reset Process of NETGEAR N900 Router: In the grow...
Ans: Hello Cary, it might be possible due to incorrect ...
Ans: Check out these points to configure Netgear router...
|Awarded a Best Answer||10 points|
|Answer Questions||2 points|
|Choose a Best Answer||3 points|