We purchased a Buffalo Technology 500GB LinkStation Live BTH HSDH500GL and want to set it up with our Linksys WRT54G V8 router. However, there have been numerous problems setting up the Buffalo drive, the latest being that there is no indication the router even "knows" it is connected. Does anyone have suggestions to connect the router with Buffalo drive?
For connecting Linksys WRT54G V8 router to Buffalo Storage drive, follow these steps:-
1. Connect USB HDD to the USB port on the Linksys WRT54G V8 router. Turn on the power of the USB HD.
2. Connect Client PC to Linksys WRT54G V8 router.
3. After this, open internet browser to administrator WEB management UI. Now access Linksys router by entering its IP address in the address field.
4. Log-in into Linksys router.
5. Click NAS | Disk Management to see if the device was detected. If the HDD is already formatted then there is no need to re-format device.
6. Click NAS | "User Management" tab to create a NAS user accounts. Entering a name and password and click "Add" button to create the user account.
7. To limit access to HDD to selected users with valid accounts. Go to NAS | "Shared Folder". Select "Limits" from the drop-down folder. Next, select the username and click the arrow button to move access level to "Read-only" or "ReadWrite".
Now your Linksys router is successfully connected to Buffalo Storage Drive to share the files on the network.
But, if you are still unsuccessful to connect Linksys WRT54G V8 router to Buffalo Storage drive then call at Linksys Router Technical Support Number.
Why Linksys Router and Buffalo Storage Drive is Not Connecting?
Ans: Password Protection of Linksys Router: To pro...
Ans: Most wireless routers broadcast at 2.4ghz. Make su...
Ans: Setup Linksys Router Without CD: You don't need...
Ans: Login to the Linksys WRT32x Router: This router...
Ans: Reset your network settings on your iPhone: WARNIN...
|Awarded a Best Answer||10 points|
|Answer Questions||2 points|
|Choose a Best Answer||3 points|