Change Xfinity Router DNS Settings:
Due to rising internet usage, internet paradigms have shifted dramatically over time. However, with more significant internet usage and the introduction of new internet technology, internet issues are also rising. The DNS server is one such issue, and updating the DNS settings might be difficult.
We've highlighted the pertinent information about Change Xfinity Router DNS Settings in this post to assist you in resolving these issues. So, let's get started.
Change the DNS Settings on the Xfinity Router.
1. In Windows 10, Change the DNS Settings for your Xfinity Router
Follow the Procedures Below If You Need to Add and Preserve the Xfinity Router DNS Settings on Windows 7:
- Start by going to your computer's control panel.
- Go to the network and the internet.
- Then proceed to the network and sharing center.
- Change the adapter settings by tapping on them.
- Select an internet connection.
- Set up your Google Public DNS settings.
Different Settings for the Ethernet Connection will also be Required. The Steps for Connecting to the Ethernet Connection are Explained in the Section Below:
- Right-click on the local area connection and select.
- Now it's time to look at the properties.
If You Need to Change the Wireless Connection Settings, However, Follow the Instructions Below;
- Select the wireless network connection from the context menu by right-clicking on it.
- Click on properties
- Provide the password and confirm it if you need to add confirmation.
- Go to the Network tab and select Internet Protocol Version 4 from the drop-down menu.
- Return to properties and select advanced.
- To go to the DNS tab, go to the bottom of the page.
- Please write down the available IP addresses, delete them, and then click OK.
- After eliminating the accessible IP address, type in the Xfinity router's IP address.
2. Setting up the DNS Settings for the Xfinity Router on Mac OS
Follow the Steps Below If You're Utilizing the Internet or Xfinity Internet on a Mac Device:
- Activate the Apple menu.
- Select the network option from the system options menu.
- A lock icon will appear in the lower corner of the window; click it.
- To provide authentication, type the password.
- Select the connection
For Changing the Ethernet Connection's Settings, Perform the Following Steps:
- Navigate to the built-in ethernet port.
- Select the advanced option from the drop-down menu.
Follow the Steps Below to Modify Your Wireless Connection:
- First, select the Airport option from the drop-down menu.
- Select advanced settings.
- Select the DNS option from the menu.
- To add a new IP address to the Xfinity router, click the + icon.
- Press the Apply button, then the OK button.
3. Using Ubuntu Linux To Configure The Xfinity Router DNS
Anyone with a Linux operating system on their computer can use the network manager to change their DNS settings.
Follow the instructions below for additional assistance:
- Navigate to the system menu and select Preferences.
- Select network connections by tapping on them.
- Select the appropriate connection.
- Navigate to properties, then wireless connection.
- Select the Edit button.
- Select IPv4 settings.
- Add the Xfinity router address to the DNS servers column.
- You may also need to provide a password and click the confirm button.
In the end, using the Xfinity router is an excellent decision because it keeps your information safe and secure. This is because the ISP's DNS server may not be safe. They can also access the browsing history in the same way.