Hello, Please let me know that how to fix TP Link router from disconnecting while working. I don't know how can i stop this TP Link router from disconnecting.
TP-Link routers, known to be best routers for wireless connectivity are widely in use for their work and home application. Such Wi-fi routers allow multiple desktops, notebooks, mobile phones, and tablets share just one internet connection and complete their printing needs from different places.
But sometimes, connection issues like no connection, limited connectivity or disconnection are prominent among router users. In order to resolve such network issues, let us go into depth and understand the causes of these issues with this useful post.
1. ISP Issues: Whenever there is a problem with the ISP, the Internet is automatically disconnected via your access point or wireless router. This problem is usually indicated with ‘No Connection’ or ‘Limited’ messages. The same happens when you are connected directly or through TP-Link router.
In such cases, wait and check if the wifi connection automatically restores back on its own. If no connectivity is seen, restart the modem and try to connect again. Still, if the connectivity issue continues, contact your ISP. Sometimes the Internet works fine at AP/Modem’s end, but there are issues with the router.
2. Weak or Lost Signals: If your router has been connected over LAN, check or ensure that there are no loose connections and the cables have been connected properly. If the router is connected over Wireless WAN (Wi-Fi), check that the router is placed appropriately at a location which is receiving adequate signals.
If the WAN signals are not good enough, they won't help you in getting a smooth Internet connection. Keep changing the router location until it catches the best signals.
3. Ensure Bridging Configuration: In case if you are using extenders or repeaters for bridging (extending Wi-Fi or repeating), ensure that you are using the same password and network channel like as your Modem or Access Point.
Different password and channel results in issues like "no connectivity" or "limited connectivity". So, confirm the WDS Bridge/Repeater settings whether they are matching with Wi-Fi settings of Modem or Access Point. Having two different SSID doesn't matter.
4. DNS: Well if you want to fix TP Link connection issues, use Google Public DNS which works great in fixing the connection. You can do this in the provided ways:
The DNS can be changed for Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) but your ISP may cause an issue in case it doesn't support IPv6.
Note: While changing your DNS server in your router DHCP settings, select “Obtain DNS server address automatically” option in your Ethernet or Wi-Fi settings.
5. DHCP: For cases, when you are using TP-Link router as repeater, extender, WDS bridge (WDS stands for wireless range extension) or for connecting multiple computers over LAN, this limited or no connectivity issues have a higher occurrence.
In such scenarios, DHCP fails to assign IP addresses due to IP conflicts. Such an issue occurs when a firmware glitch or incompatibility between connected devices is occurring. To fix this connectivity related problem, disable DHCP using the given steps:
Note: As you press the reset button on the router to reset it, the saved router settings are automatically lost.
Now if you have tried all solutions to fix tp link router from disconnecting and still the problem persists then it might be some hardware or router problem.
How to Fix TP Link Router from Disconnecting?
Ans: STEP 1: Your TP-Link should be connected with the ...
Ans: Solution 1: Check the Physical connection between ...
Ans: We need to know the Internal IP Address of your TP...
Ans: Here, we will discuss in detail on how to connect ...
Ans: Securing a Wi-Fi router is necessary for today&rsq...
|Awarded a Best Answer||10 points|
|Answer Questions||2 points|
|Choose a Best Answer||3 points|