I have a TP-link router which I got it from my friend, he asked me to reboot it and then set it up to my home network. The problem is I do not know how to do it? My technical knowledge is quite limited so, if anyone can tell me how to do it in an easy way will be quite helpful.
I recently bought an AC 1350 router for my home network and I will tell you what I did to configure it on my own. Setting up your TP-link router wireless is same for almost all models, so you can follow my method to set it up.
1. First, connect your router to a power source and then to your laptop or computer. You need an ethernet cable generally yellow or blue in color.
2. Connect one end of the cable into one of the LAN ports (your router has 3-6 LAN ports depending on the model number) while the other end goes inside the Ethernet port at the back of your computer. The ADSL cable coming out of your wall outlet will go inside the WAN port of your router.
3. Now open your web browser and type in your local IP address into the URL address bar at the top. Local IP is different from the global one, so googling 'my IP address' won't help.
Note: If you do not know how to find your local IP address, click here.
4. Once you enter the IP address, you will be redirected to the login page of your router. Enter the username and password as provided by your ISP. In case they did not give you one, chances are default credentials will work. If you do not know the default one, try these
Password: password/ leave it blank
5. Once on the main settings page, click on LAN/Internet settings, a new window will open up. On that page, enable DHCP, then select the bandwidth channel from the list. Save the settings.
6. Now from the main page, click on Security settings again you will be redirected to a separate Window. First, change the Encryption type to WPA2 and just below you will see a box for Pass-Key, this is your wifi password, create a strong password you can remember and note it down, as this will be required to connect to your router wirelessly.
7. Install all the necessary drivers from the CD you got along with the router, if you do not have one, go to the official website and download it from there as it is free of cost. After installation of drivers, reboot your router and you have successfully setup your TP-Link router.
Step 1: Connect the main router to the LAN port on TP-Link router through Ethernet cable.
Step 2: Connect your computer to anther LAN port through Ethernet cable then login to TP-LINK web interface through the IP address on the bottom label by the following tips: How do I log into the web-based utility of TP-LINK router
Step 3: Go to Network ->LAN on the left side menu change the LAN IP address of TP-LINK router to the same LAN of the main router.( For example if your main router gets the IP address of 192.168.2.1 192.168.2.X (1<X<254) is recommended for TP-LINK router). After that it would require a Reboot. Please click OK to reboot and then relogin to TP-LINK page with the new IP address
Step 4: Configure the wireless Go to Wireless->Wireless Settings page configure the SSID (Network name) and Channel. (If it is a dual band device please don't forget to select the Band.) Click Save button. Go to Wireless->Wireless Security page configure the wireless security. Here WPA-PSK/AES is recommended. PSK Password is the key of your wireless.
Step 5: Go to DHCP on the left side menu disable the DHCP Server and click Save button.
Step 6: Go to System Tools->Reboot page click Reboot button to reboot the device. After all of the tips above your computer would have internet through any LAN ports of TP-LINK by an Ethernet cable. At the same time your wireless client would have access to the TP-LINK wirelessly through the SSID and Password pointed to this.
TP-LINK company allows users to configure their routers working in N standard (marked as below) using the appropriate wizard built into Windows 7 operating system.
How To Setup TP Link Router For Wireless?
Ans: Setup of a TP-Link router as a repeater:-As we are...
Ans: Step 1: Windows 7 & Windows Vista: Go to Start...
Ans: Step 1: Connect the main router to the LAN port on...
Ans: TP-Link router aids to connect with multiple devic...
Ans: Log onto the Range Extender's management page. P...
|Awarded a Best Answer||10 points|
|Answer Questions||2 points|
|Choose a Best Answer||3 points|