28 Feb, 2019
Having Wi-Fi dead zones in your home? Fix those dead zones on a button push with d link n300 wifi range extender. Sometimes it becomes difficult to catch WiFi in the corners of your home. To extend your home wi-fi to every possible location, install and setup DLink N300 wifi range extender that can be plugged anywhere into a power socket.
Supporting Wireless N, this tiny yet powerful N300 Wi-Fi Range Extender offers you a connection speed of up to 300 Mbps, while also being backward compatible with your existing wireless devices.
The DLink n300 wifi range extender extends the wireless coverage of an existing AP (access point) or wireless router, via wireless or Ethernet port, so that you can access the internet at more parts of your home with wireless. Quickly, let us move into the setup procedure discussed below.
You can setup DLink N300 wifi range extender in three ways namely:
Before extending your Wi-fi network ensure that a WPS button is present on your source router or AP.
1. Plug the DAP-1520 into a wall outlet under the range of the wireless router. Wait until the WPS LED starts blinking.
2. Push the WPS button on the source router(or AP) and then on the DAP-1520. The WPS LED will blink green.
You can connect DAP-1330/DAP-1520 using your smartphone via App. Simply search for "D-Link QRS Mobile" on the Apple App Store or Google Play, and download it. Connect your smartphone to the DAP-1520 and follow the app prompts to complete the setup process. Further, get help from the user manual instructions.
1. Plug in the DAP-1520 into a wall outlet covered within the range of your wireless router.
2. Open the wireless utility interface on your computer and select the name (SSID) of the DAP-1520 network, and enter the password (SSID and password are both given in the Wi-Fi Configuration Card).
3. Open any installed browser and enter http://dlinkap.local into the address bar of the browser window. You can directly access the admin panel by using the IP address as http://192.168.0.50
4. Click on Login button after entering the default username as Admin and leave the password field as blank.
5. Click on Setup Wizard option on the Home screen of your router interface.
6. The wizard gives information on how to set up a Wi-fi network. Proceed by clicking on Next option.
7. Now you have to select the configuration method out of two options:
Option 1: If your wireless device supports WPS (Wi-fi Protected Setup)
Option 2: Set up your network manually.
Click on Next button to continue the process.
8. Select the wireless network that you wish to extend and use as an uplink (source) network. By clicking a wireless network from the list click on Select button.
9. Enter the password for the uplink network you have selected and Click Next to continue.
10. The next wizard screen allows you to set the settings for the extended network. Here, the DAP-1520 will re-broadcast the Wi-Fi connection from the uplink router as an extended Wi-Fi network. An SSID and password will be automatically generated for both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz networks, without any manual changes.
In case, you want to change these settings and set your own then enter the SSID and password for the extended Wi-Fi networks. Lastly, click Next to continue.
11. The setup process for the extended Wi-Fi network is now completed. A summary page will be shown to you stating the settings for both the connection to the uplink router and the extended Wi-Fi network. You can save this information to make a record for future reference(recommended). Finally, Click Save to end the setup wizard.
Now as you will visit the homepage of your DLink wifi range extender, you will find a green check mark between the Uplink Router and DAP-1520 icons indicating a successful connection between the uplink router and DAP-1520.