I have setup Microsoft Outlook 2010 email for internode. After completing the setup, when I test it, I noticed all send email test message are failing. I think the problem lies with internode email setup process. Please guide me how to setup internode email on Outlook so that such problems do not exist.
Go through these steps to setup internode email with Microsoft Outlook 2010 -
1. First of all, open Microsoft Outlook 2010. If you are opening Microsoft Outlook for the first time then you will see a setup wizard. If such thing happens then directly start the setup process from step(4).
2. Tap on “File” that is appearing on the top of the screen. Now, File screen will display on the screen. Tap on “Info” that is appearing in the left-pane. After this, click on Account settings button to view account settings.
3. Once the Account Settings window appears on the screen, tap on “New” to add the new account.
4. Next, press a click on radio box that is appearing next to “Manually Configure Server Settings”.To continue the wizard, click Next.
5. Now, you are redirected to next screen where click on radio-box that is next to “Internet Email”. Hit Next.
6. At this moment, Internet email settings page will appear on the screen. Here, you need to enter following details -
a. Your name field box – Type your name or buisness name
b. Email Address field – Type Internode email address
c.Account type - IMAP
d.Incoming Mail Server – mail.internode.on.net
e.Outgoing Mail Server – mail.internode.on.net
f.Username field – Type internode username
g. Password – Type internode password
After entering these values, tap on “More Settings” button. Now you are redirected to Internet Settings window.
7. On the top of the window, you will see Outgoing Server tab, just press a click on it.
8. Next, press a click on the checkbox that is next to “My Outgoing Server requires authentication”. Also, don’t forget to check “Use same settings as my incoming mail server” is selected.
9. Move to the top of screen and tap on Advanced.
Set these values in the respective fields -
a.Incoming Mail Server – Use the following type of encrypted connection to SSL.
b.Outgoing Server – Use the following type of encrypted connection to SSL.
c.Incoming server number - 993
d.Outgoing server number - 465
After entering these details, tap on OK.
10. Now, Microsoft Outlook 2010 will begin a test. If everything is OK then “Test Completed Successfully” message will display on the screen.
11. At last, click Close to finish the wizard.
If you have any trouble while setting up internode email account then please revert back, I will feel glad to help you.