The following information will help you connect your Roku to internet:-
Connect Roku to TV
- Take a HDMI cable and plug one end into the HDMI port on the Roku and the other end into the HDMI port on your TV.
- Some Roku devices use wired internet connection. If this is applicable for your device then connect the Roku to your In-home WiFi router using an Ethernet cable.
- In next step, you have to plug power adapter's one end into Roku and another end into the wall outlet.
- Now, insert the batteries into the Roku remote. But if you are facing any issue with Roku then communicate with Roku Technical Support team.
Connect Roku to WiFi
- Firstly turn on your TV and tune to the correct HDMI input. After this, power on Roku.
- Go to Roku Home screen, select Settings >Network. Next, select Wireless option and then click on “Setup new Wi-Fi connection”.
- Now, select your wireless network from the drop-down list.
- Enter your wireless password for your In-home WiFi. If 3 green check marks are displaying onscreen then it means Roku is successfully connected to Wi-Fi.
If your Roku is not connecting to internet then try this -
- For connecting Roku to the internet, log into your router and enter the IP address directly into the browser’s Location or Navigation bar at the top. Press Enter button and you will see your router’s login screen.
- Now login into router administration webpage and navigate to its DNS settings. If still, your Roku isn’t working then it might be possible that the router is set to use an internal IP address or eternal IP address being used for DNS.
- Replace the internal DNS address with a public DNS address.
- Save overall settings and then run the Roku setup again. If you still aren’t able to connect to the Internet, then unplug your router and leave it unplugged for 20 seconds. Again connect Roku to the power supply. If still having the problem then unplug the Roku. Also, leave it unplugged for 15 seconds, plug the power back in.
- If you’ve set the DNS properly, your Roku device will successfully connect to the Internet.
Still unable to connect Roku device to the internet, then connect with Roku Helpline.