Easiest method for connecting Roku stick to WiFi -
- First of all, you have to create a Roku account. For this, visit Roku account creation page and then follow on-screen instructions to create your Roku account.
- Now, take HDMI cable and connect Roku to the TV. After connecting Roku to TV, you are prompted to a welcome screen where you have to choose your language.
- In next step, choose the wireless connection that you are using i.e., wired or wireless.
- Now, Roku will automatically detect the best display resolution. During this process, the screen may go blank for a few moments, so don’t worry about this.
- Navigate to Roku’s linking site and following onscreen instructions to link your Roku account. Roku gave you an alphabetical code, just use that code to sign into Roku account.
- Add your favourite channels, just by clicking on Add button.
- Wait for a few moments so that Roku can update channels as well as system software.
That’s all. Now you can enjoy Roku services in a hassle-free way.
Although Roku is a great media player but if Roku stick is not connecting to WiFi then have a look at these points -
Disable Network Pings
Use Roku remote to open Platform Secret Screen. When Platform Secret Screen get opened, just choose the option “Disable Network Pings”. Now, you can easily connect to your WiFi network.
Update Roku box
If you didn’t find “Disable Network Pings” option then you should understand Roku box needs a software update.
Also, perform these things -
Connect to another network
If Roku is not connecting to your network then use an alternate WiFi network. Take an ethernet cable for connecting Roku to your router.
Run Software Update
Once you are connected to WiFi network then unlock the secret screen and then choose the “Update Software” option. Now, wait for a couple of minutes so that Roku can finish installing procedure. Once, installation gets complete, Roku will reboot automatically.
Disable Network Pings
After updating software, just disable network pings.
Connect to WiFi network
After disabling network pings, I hope you can easily connect to Roku stick to your WiFi without any problem.
But if any obstacle occurs then contact Roku Technical Support that is available for 24*7 hrs at your service.