The main advantage of using a wireless router is to prohibit any unwanted user from accessing your network connection. You can secure your router using the Wireless Encryption Protocol (WEP) or Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA).
Following are the steps to lock your wireless router;
- Open your web browser and navigate to the IP address of your router. You can consult your internet service provide in order to precise the IP address.
- Enter the username and password required to enter the default settings of your router configuration page.
- Click on settings < security.
- Change your security encryption from unsecured to "WPA," "WPA2" or "WEP."
- Create a strong passphrase which includes blend of numbers and alphabets .
- Click on save settings to apply new changes.
- Your router is now secured and locked from any unauthorised acesss.