I have Buffalo AirStation N300 Wireless Router. It was working very fine for a long time, but yesterday when I restart router it stops working. I reset the router, but there is no effect. Then I uploaded configure file, one laptop recognized and connect to the router, but unable to recognize my brother HP laptop. I also reinstalled the driver but there is no effect. In my Lenovo laptop, it shows only three bars in signal when it is placed near the router. We can't move laptop more than 10 foot from the router. In other words, the strength of the router is low. Please provide me suggestions to resolve this issue.
I will tell you there are a few factors why your wireless device is getting low or poor signal from the router. and will guide you on how to resolve these issues. so here some issues i am explaining and providing solutions.
To get the best connection, you may need to find ways to move your computer closer to the center of the router’s range. When choosing an area where the router will be placed, ensure that it is well ventilated.
2. Maybe Physical obstructions:- Wireless networks are also susceptible to obstructions that may lead to low signal. Oftentimes, the signal gets reflected, refracted, or absorbed by the obstruction.
Here are Common obstructions are:
• Cabinets or drawers
• Mirrors, Glasses
• Metal Objects
• Thick walls and ceilings
If you have any of these objects between your wireless adapter and access point, consider relocating your access point somewhere high to get around the obstruction.
Routers have a default broadcast range that is dependent on their wireless networking standard (Wireless -B, -A, -G, -N, -AC draft) and the wireless signals broadcasted by the router may not be able to completely penetrate thick walls and other common obstructions.
Also, you may use a buffalo range extender or Powerline to boost the signal of your router if you have a big area and there are a lot of obstructions between your router and the wireless device.
3. Wireless interferences:- Common sources of interference are:
a Neighboring wireless networks
b Microwave ovens
c 2.4 GHz cordless telephones
e Bluetooth® devices
• Wireless baby monitors
To solve the problem, change the channel and SSID on your access point. Preferred channels to use are 1, 6, 9 and 11 since they’re considered as non-overlapping channels.
4. Transmit rate on the wireless router:- Changing the Transmit Rate on the router allows the device to work at a specific speed for wireless transmissions. The default Transmit Rate is Auto with a range of 1 to 54 Mbps.
The rate of data transmission should be set depending on the speed of your wireless network. You can select from a range of transmission speeds or keep the default setting, Auto. This will allow the router to automatically use the fastest possible data rate and enable the Auto-Fallback feature, which will negotiate the best possible connection speed between the router and a wireless client.
5. Outdated firmware on the router:- Outdated firmware on the router can sometimes cause connection issues in your network. To fix this, you need to upgrade the firmware of your router.
6. Power outage:- One factor that may also trigger the poor performance or loss of wireless signals coming from the router would be power/electricity interruptions. If you are not able to acquire any wireless signal after a power outage, you may powercycle the router by unplugging and re-plugging the power cord from the power outlet for 10 seconds.However, if the powercycle still does not resolve the problem, you may need to reconfigure the wireless settings of your router.
How to resolve poor signal issue of buffalo router?
Ans: Power cycling your Modem and Router might help: 1...
Ans: Hey as per your query your Buffalo router stopped ...
Ans: Yes they could have a restriction on routers/APs b...
Ans: 1). Open the web browser that you use: Firefox Goo...
Ans: How to connect Buffalo AirStation to the internet ...
|Awarded a Best Answer||10 points|
|Answer Questions||2 points|
|Choose a Best Answer||3 points|