I have a home based Asus router which I have been using for last 3 months. Recently, my manufacturer provided with an update which deteriorated the performance. So I uninstalled the update and my ISP asked me to change the password for safety reasons. But, when I tried logging in, I could not. Can anyone tell me what is wrong with my router and how can I fix it?
To set up a router according to the user needs, one must enter into the setup or configuration page of the router. Asus router is no difference. Even though it is easy to set it up, if you cannot login to my Asus router then it’s just not possible to do it. There may be many reasons behind the error.
There are several reasons behind the error like internet connectivity is not correct or the Asus router itself is not functioning properly, or may be that the default IP address that you have entered is wrong.
The procedure to fix cannot log in to my Asus router device is pretty much simple if you have the right technical knowledge. Therefore, in this part of the article we mentioned the steps to normally set up your Asus router.
In this part, you will get the sets that will help you to remove this error easily. If you are not a tech-savvy person, then do not worry.
In order to fix the issue of login problem on your Asus router, make sure your router is in perfect working condition and you can access other websites. If you are not able to do so Hard reset it first and then follow the instructions below.
1. Connect your Asus router to your computer either via a wired ethernet connection or over the wifi,
2. Once you are connected, open your web browser on the PC and type in your local IP address into the URL address box at the top and hit Enter. This will redirect you to your router's login portal.
3. If you do not know your local IP address, open command prompt or command center on your computer and type ipconfig. All the networking details of your computer will be listed including the local IP address, copy it from here and then paste it on in your browser's address bar.
How to Find My Default IP Address?
4. On the login page, since you have already reset your router, you need to enter the username and password printed at the bottom of your device. If there is nothing printed there, use the default ones.
Default username: admin/user
Default Password: password/" leave it blank"
5. Now you should be successfully logged into your Asus router settings. From here you can control different functionalities of your router device.