Setup Buffalo AirStation Wireless Router:
Buffalo airstation wireless router is known as fast wireless solution and it is ideal for creating a high speed wireless home network. Buffalo airstation wireless router’s speed is up to 300 Mbps.
This router supports on higher power technologies and this router is perfect for surfing the web, emailing, connecting with the social media and more. Buffalo airstation wireless router works on high power technologies which improves coverage and reduces or eliminates dead spots.
This is very simple in the installation and use for the novice user. Buffalo airstation wireless router supports AOSS/WPS also.
Suppose you are a newbie and you have purchased a brand new Buffalo airstation wireless router and you want to set it up. If you are technical and experienced person, you can do it very easily else you have to take help from someone who may be experience in the router setting up domain.
If you are not interested to spend those specific amount on the technical support service, you can follow this step by step article which is based on setup my buffalo airstation wireless router.
Step by Step Guide to Setup Buffalo Airstation Wireless Router:
Configuring access control on a Buffalo Airstation:
- Firstly connect the airstation with personal computer and power on both the device.
- Now you need to launch a web browser and enter the IP address in the address bar of web browser. If you do not know the airstation IP address, you need to check the setup card included in your airstation package or you can use airstation configuration tool to display it.
- Now you are required to login to the web interface.
- For login, you are required to enter username and password in the appropriate boxes. Default username for buffalo router web interface is admin and the password is password.
- After logging the system, you need to click on the advance setting option.
- Then click on the security tab which is located on the left side then click on the access control sub tab.
- Check on the enable to enable access control and then click on the add.
- In the target computer field, you need to enter the MAC address of a personal computer on the network whose internet access you wish to limit. You can have up to 20 target computers under the access control.
- Now you scroll down to the register section and select either internet access or no internet access option.
- Now set the start time, end time, and days for the computer’s permitted access time. Here 0 refers to midnight. Let us understand with an example suppose if you set computer A to have internet access from 7:00 to 10:00 on Thursday and Saturday, then computer A can only access the internet during those times and it would not be able to get online during other times.
- Now you need to click on edit permitted access time to save the changes .
- Now you can make additional changes in the schedule if needed, you can repeat steps 8-11 or you can click on the add to finish.
- Now you will be returned to the access control screen and your computer’s access setting will be displayed. Click on the apply button which is located at the bottom side of the screen to finish setting access control.
- When all the things finished, you need to logout of the setting and close the web browser.
This is the complete step by step guide to setup my Buffalo AirStation wireless router?
On the other side here we are explaining after complete setup how we can access the configuration interface of the airstation. So we are explaining this in the blog also.
Before operation you are required following things which are mandatory to perform this operation.
- You should connect your personal computer to the airstation by wireless or wired router to access the web-based configuration interface.
- If the configuration tool is not installed, install it with the setup CD.
- You need to disable security software temporarily which might be trend micro, Norton, Kaspersky, McAfee.
These above things should be installed earlier.
Process to Access Configuration Interface for the Buffalo Airstation:
- First select start->all program->Buffalo air station utility->buffalo airstation configuration tool.
- Click on the next button.
- Select the airstation which you want to configure and click on next.
- Enter the username and password and click on OK.
For the username and password refers to administrator card if it was not included in the airstation.
Factory Default of User Friendly Firmware
Username = root
Factory default for professional firmware
buffalo airstation, buffalo air station, buffalo airstation configuration tool, buffalo airstation router