Configure a Motorola SB5101 Surfboard Router:
Below is your step by step guide to Configure a Motorola SB5101 Surfboard Router.
- Primarily, make sure to turn your computer on and also to totally disconnect your surfboard modem.
- Now on the back of your surfboard, Connect a coaxial cable to the threaded peg. Following that, connect the other end to a cable outlet.
- Plug the AC adapter into the backside of your Surfboard and the other end into a wall socket to power on the modem. Next, you will have to wait for all the lights on the front of the panel to stop flashing and display a stable solid green light.
- In the next step, again connect the one end of the ethernet cable to the modem and the other end to your computer's Ethernet port.
- Go to the Start menu and then click on the "Control Panel" followed by "Network and Sharing Center."
- In the left window pane, click on the "Advanced Adapter Configuration" link text. A new window will pop-up.
- Right-click your Ethernet adapter and then click on the "Properties" to open a new dialog box. Select the "TCP/IPv4" entry in the dialog box and select "Properties."
- Lastly, remember that the "Obtain an IP Address Automatically" button is checked, after that click OK to exit. Your modem is now fully configured.
The Motorola SB5101 is a fast ethernet modem for the windows operating system that lets you connect to the Internet using an Ethernet cable or USB. It also offers Internet access at more than 1,000 Kbps. The Motorola SB5101 comes with a front panel status indicator LEDs and an online diagnostics page in order for you to set up and configure it easily.
The Motorola surfboard SBG6580 Wi-Fi Cable Modem is a three in one device. Works on a basis of DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem, Dual-Band 802.11n Wi-Fi Access Point, and 4-port Gigabit Ethernet Router. This surfboard modem is also capable of download speeds up to 343 Mbps and Wi-Fi speeds up to 300 Mbps per band.
Also, it is an affordable and complete solution for your home network. The Motorola surfboard router is one of the Comcast compatible ethernet modems and has been a mainstay for internet connections and gives out an excellent performance throughout.
We hope the above article helped you to Configure a Motorola SB5101 Surfboard Router and enjoy your superfast internet connection with just a cable or USB connectivity.