Change the WiFi Name and Password Tenda Router:
The cause to change the WIFI name and password tenda router is to ensure wireless network security. This blog will guide you on how to change the WIFI name and password tenda router.
The Complete Process of Changing WiFi Name and Password has been Divided into Three Phases as:
Part 1: Login the Homepage of the Router
Part 2: Change the SSID and Wireless Password
Part 3: Reboot the Router
- Open any installed browser on your system like Google Chrome, Mozilla, Firefox, etc.
- Enter the default URL of Tenda router 192.168.0.1 into the address bar of the browser.
- Hit the Enter button.
- Here, you can access the admin web interface for your Tenda router.
Note: If you are unable to access the login page or management page of your Tenda router, try it again using an incognito window.
- Enter the default username and password of your Tenda router into the provided fields on the login page.
- You will find that the admin page of the router has opened up on your screen.
- Now, click on the Advanced Setting tab on the home page and login the advanced setting page.
- Click the Wireless option.
- Under the Wireless tab, click on the Basic Setting.
- Ensure that the 2.4 GHz wireless function has been checked.
- Select your respective country from the drop-down menu of Country options.
- Make sure that the SSID Broadcast is checked. Else no wireless signal will not be found and seen in the wireless bar of your computer.
- You can also change the Primary SSID if it is required.
- Now, open the drop down menu of the 802.11 mode option and choose the mode as 11b/g/n mixed mode.
- Here, you can choose the Channel on this page. The Extension Channel will be automatically after you choose the Channel.
- Leave the other settings set to their default options and click on the Save button to save the configured settings for the Tenda router.
I: Channel 1, Channel 6 and Channel 11 are recommended channels as they are idle ones.
II: Select the ALL option if you cannot find your country on the drop down menu of Country option.
- Click on Security option under Wireless Settings.
- Select the security mode as WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK.
- Now, open the drop-down menu of the Authentication Type option and choose the type as WPA-PSK,
- Next, open the Cipher Type menu and then select the AES option and set a Security Key, whatever you want.
Note: The security key should contain at least 8 characters.
- Additionally, you can check the Display Key if you want to view the Security Key.
- Let the other wifi configurations be set to default settings.
- Lastly, just hit on the Save button to save the modified settings.
Now, once the changes have been made to the router configuration, the device should be rebooted and restarted.
- Click on the Reboot option under Tools on the left of the admin page.
- Hit on the Reboot button which will refresh the device information and its configuration.
To check whether change the WIFI name and password tenda router process has been successfully implemented or not, use your laptop system to connect the Tenda router network. Type the new Wifi username (screen name) and password to connect with the router.