Configure TP Link TL WA855re Router | TL-WA855RE Setup
No doubt in the fact occurs when we say quality devices are utterly important for the growth of any business. We can't simply rely on devices that hamper the flow of our work now and then. So, it is essential to choose the best smart product for your home and professional use.
One such device is TP Link TL WA855RE what you should go for. Not just a simple setup, it is even easy to configure TP Link TL WA855RE router and get back to the default settings as when required. The device offers a high range wifi signal which comes at an affordable price.
Below discussed is the complete step-by-step guide to configure TP Link TL WA855RE router.
Power on Your Extender-
This is the very first step when you configure TP Link TL WA855RE router. You have to plug in the extender device into an electrical outlet and wait until the power LED is turned ON to solid color.
Set up the Extender-
There are three ways to TP Link TL WA855RE setup and then configure TP Link TL WA855RE router. Each of them is discussed into detail one by one.
Method 1: Using the WPS Button
Step 1: Push the WPS button on your host router and then press the WPS button on the extender for about 1 second within 2 minutes.
Step 2: Wait until the signal LED turns to solid ON thus indicating that the WPS connection is successful.
Step 3: Now, the extender uses the router’s network name with _EXT at the end. So, you can share the same password as your router.
Step 4: Try to position your extender for best Wi-Fi coverage and performance.
- a) You need to plug in the extender about halfway between your router and the Wi-Fi dead zone. The chosen location must lie within the range of your router.
- b) Now, wait for at least 2 minutes until the signal LED turns solid blue. But if it doesn’t, then relocate the extender more close to the router in order to achieve better signals.
Step 5: You are now connected to the extended network. Enjoy!
Method 2: With the TP-Link Tether App
- Firstly, open the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. Now, search for TP-Link Tether or directly scan the QR code to download and install the app.
- Navigate to the Wi-Fi Settings and connect your device to the extender’s wireless network that is TP-Link_Extender.
- Launch the Tether app and then select your extender from the Local Devices list.
- You can create a new password to log in.
- Further, follow the app instructions to set up and relocate your extender.
Method 3: Through a Web Browser
- Firstly, connect your computer to the extender via Ethernet cable, or using wireless mode (applicable to both Windows and Mac users).
- Follow the series of instructions provided in the Quick Setup Wizard and connect the extender to your host router.
- Open the web browser and visit http://tplinkrepeater.net or http://192.168.0.254. You need to create a password in order to login.
- Choose your host router’s 2.4 GHz SSID (network name), and enter its corresponding password (not the router management password). Then, click on Next.
- Now, confirm the host network password.
- Follow the instructions on web to reposition your extender for optimal Wi-Fi coverage and performance.
- Lastly, click Done.
Access Extender Settings
Once after setup is successfully done, you can configure TP Link TL WA855RE router via any of the methods below.
Method 1: Via Tether App
- Link your smartphone to the extender‘s or router’s network.
- Open the Tether app and choose your extender. Then, log into app.
- Modify the extender settings as needed.
Method 2: Via Web Browser
- Connect your device or smartphone to the extender’s network. In case you're using a computer then remove the Ethernet cable if any.
- Open any installed web browser and visit http://tplinkrepeater.net. Thereafter, login to the account.
- Here, you can configure the extender settings as required.
Hope this instruction guide works well to configure TP Link TL WA855RE router.