I am using Zyxel 300Mbps Wireless N Gigabit Router (NBG4615v2) to connect to the internet. It says it is connected, but I still can't run internet explorer or play online games. I suspect that this is due to the wireless zero configuration service, which isn't activated. Every time I try to start it, I get error 1067, "the process was terminated unexpectedly". Any info or solutions would be greatly appreciated as I am unable to resolve this issue.
If the ZyXel router comes with its own utilities these may work better than Windows Zero Config. But within them (or within Windows Networking) you can usually select Zero Config to manage the connection instead.
You may need to re-run Windows Networking Wizard.
Also check TCP/IP Properties.
Start, Connect To, Connection, Properties, Scroll Down TCP/IP and highlight, click Properties and check that Obtain DNS and IP address automatically are enabled.
However, there are so many other potential issues with wireless that I think I would start by connecting the computer to the router with an Ethernet cable and first check that you can get on the internet that way.
Then look at the router's user setup screens (see literature which came with router for how) and make sure wireless mode is compatible with the D-Link (wireless g or mixed mode will work) and turn off wireless security. Then try connecting by wireless again.
1. Make sure your router is on. Each router is different, but you should see a light indicating that your router is active and connected to the Internet.
If your router isn't working, try unplugging it from the Internet and power sources, then reconnect it.
2. Find your router's IP address. To do so:
Windows – Open Start, type "command prompt" in, click the Command Prompt app, enter "ipconfig" into Command Prompt, and look for the number next to the "Default Gateway" value under the "Wireless LAN" heading.
In Mac devices– Open the Apple menu, click System Preferences, click Network, click Advanced, click the TCP/IP tab, and look for the number to the right of "Router:"
You can also find your router's IP address by consulting the router's manual, or by searching its model number online.
3. Open a web browser. Default web browsers for Windows and Mac computers are Microsoft Edge and Safari, respectively, though you can use any popular web browser for this step.
4. Enter your router's IP address. Doing so will take you to your router's Settings page.
5. Enter the password for your router if prompted. If you set a specific password for the settings page when you installed the router, you'll need to enter it to continue.
6. Select your router's current name. Since each router's Settings page is different, this step will vary. Typically, you can either click the router's name, or click a Settings option to go to the general section of your router's settings.
7. Look for the SSID field. It may also labelled as Network Name or a Wireless Network Name, Router Name, or something similar.There will likely be a name already in the SSID field (e.g., "Belkin.be") that correlates with your network's current name.
8. Enter a new name for your wireless network. This should be the name you want to see while selecting your network from your computer's Wi-Fi menu.
9. Let us save your new network name. After this let us Apply, all changes you have been made into Save your Settings. After doing so, this will save your new network name.
In some cases, you may have to click an image of a floppy disc or a check mark.
Changing your router's settings will often cause the ZyXel router device.
How to Fix Windows Wireless Zero Configuration Error 1067 with Zyxel Router?
Ans: If the ZyXel router comes with its own utilities t...
Ans: For Zyxel Users Wanting to Setup their Zyxel Wirel...
Ans: By Following These Steps, You can Setup Zyxel Rout...
Ans: Zyxel routers are one of the most fastest router d...
Ans: Your Zyxel network speed could be low because of d...
|Awarded a Best Answer||10 points|
|Answer Questions||2 points|
|Choose a Best Answer||3 points|