Set Up an ASUS RP-N12 WiFi Range Extender:
Key requirements to Set Up an ASUS RP-N12 WiFi Range Extender:
- A router and a wifi network.
- The router should be equipped with a WPS button in order to Set Up an ASUS RP-N12 WiFi Range Extender.
- Any smartphone or computer system for the same.
- The credentials of your wifi network that include network name (SSID) as well as network password.
As we already know what we need to set up the range extender, here’s your guide to Set Up an ASUS RP-N12 WiFi Range Extender.
Steps to Set Up an ASUS RP-N12 WiFi Range Extender Using the Network Login Credentials
Preparing for the setup
- Nearer to your wireless router, plug in the range extender into the power outlet and turn the power switch ON.
- Once you turn it on, the power light on the front side of the device will turn into solid green.
- Your range extender will be then ready to set up after the power light flashes green.
Steps for the setup
To set up your range extender, you have got two ways.
Wifi Protected Setup (WPS)
Wifi protected setup helps you connect to a secure wireless network easily using various routers altogether. As you need an interface to choose a network, provide the password to said network, and attempt to connect.
Wifi protected setup helps you in the setup process by just pressing the WPS button on your router and range extender. That way the both will be interconnected and the information will be interchanged automatically. To perform this method:
Hold down and press the WPS button located on your router as well as on the range extender.
Once the wifi light turns into a solid light, that indicates that you are connected. (Your range extender's network will mimic your home network's Wi-Fi network name by default, but will simply have "_RPT" added to it. The Wi-Fi password for your range extender's network will remain the same as your home network.)
If the WPS button method didn’t work, then the wizard setup method is all you have got to set up your range extender. Wizard setup is performed manually using the web browsers on your smartphone or computer devices. Being a manual process, it lets you modify each one of your setup settings, unlike the WPS method. To perform this, go to the settings > choose your wifi network > enter the network security key into it.
Manually, connect your smartphone or computer device to your wifi network. (if you are using a computer, then you need to remove the ethernet cable in order to connect it using the wifi connected).
- Once it’s connected, the wifi network will on the available network lists label it as RP-N12.
- For Android, go to settings > click on wifi and select RP-N12 Wi-Fi network from the list.
- For iOS mobile, go to settings > click on wifi and select RP-N12 Wi-Fi network from the list.
- For Windows computer, on the bottom right, click on the network icon > select RP-N12 Wi-Fi network from the list > click on connect.
- For macOS, from the menu bar, click on the wifi > then select RP-N12 Wi-Fi network from the list.
Steps for the Wizard Setup
- Open the web browser of your choice and go to the repeater.asus.com and sign in with the default login credentials of the range extender.
- After you have signed in, you will be prompted to modify the default password. (make sure to keep a simple one).
- Click on Next to proceed further.
- Next, from the list, click on your router’s wifi network name and then enter the security key.
- Click on connect
- If your range extender supports 5GHz networks and your router is set up with one, you will again be prompted to connect to that as well. Click on the Wi-Fi network.
- Again, enter your router’s security key and then click on connect.
- In the next screen, you will be prompted to enter the default login credentials.
- Uncheck the box next to the Use default setting and enter the Wi-Fi credentials you'd like to use for the range extender. Click or tap Next once you're done.
- Now wait and let the range extender configure.
- Lastly, on the next screen, you will see the configuration and login details. Click on the Finish to conclude the setup.
- We hope the above article helped you to Set Up an ASUS RP-N12 WiFi Range Extender.