Follow these steps to setup TPG NBN modem -
- Usually depending on NBN connection type,
a. If no NBN connection box installed, you have to connect router’s DSL port to phone wall socket.
b. If NBN connection box is installed, you have to connect router’s WAN port to NBN connection box.
- Next, you have to connect router’s Phone 1 port to telephone handset. Then connect router’s LAN port (4) to your PC. After this, you have to connect router’s power port to the power socket.
- Wait for NBN activation -Once your NBN service is active, turn on Asus router and leave it as it is for 30 minutes. By doing this, your router will retrieve and save the settings from TPG to connect automatically. Once this process gets complete, router’s Internet light will turn into solid green.
- Manually configure modem -
(For NBN FTTN & NBN FTTB)
- Launch internet browser of your choice and type “192.168.1.1” in the address bar. Then hit Enter.
- Now you are redirected to a webpage where you have to enter login details. Just enter admin for both username and password field boxes and hit Login.
- Next, you are redirected to Asus router home screen, here just tap on the Advanced tab.
- Move to the left pane and then tap on Network to expand the menu. Then tap on DSL.
- After this, click on Edit button on pppoe_ptm_2_d.
- In next step, just enter your TPG Username & password and then save the settings.
- After this, click on the Basic tab and then tap on Wireless that is located on left side of the page.
- If you want to change your WiFi details then you can easily modify them.
- Default WiFi SSID: A 4-digit alphanumeric code printer on underneath modem
- Default WiFi password: Printed on underneath modem
After changing default settings, click on Save button for saving everything.