Asus rt-ax88u Firmware Update -
ASUS RT-AX88U Firmware is the next generation of Wi-Fi technology. It is the best choice if you want to secure your home network. RT-AX88U Firmware is the Wi-Fi 6 router loaded with performance-enhancing features and powerful software with the latest 802.11ax circuitry delivers speedy 160 MHz throughput and fast file-transfer speeds.
It also allows 30 users to share the channel at the same time. We will discuss a few more things about RT-AX88U but before that here’s your step by step guide to Login to the RT-AX88U Firmware.
- Either by Wi-Fi or Ethernet cable; ensure that you are connected to your router’s network.
- Open your browser and visit http://192.168.1.1
- Make sure you are prompted with a login dialogue.
- Enter the default username and password both as admin.
- Enter the password you have changed before, from the factory settings.
- In case you haven’t changed your default password, then you are logged in already. Once you are logged in, better you change the password.
- If the above steps didn’t work then you must always try factory reset to get the default password back.
Step by Step Guide to Reset ASUS RT-AX88U in Order to Login to the RT-AX88U Firmware
Through the web-interface
- Go to your browser and open the default gateway IP
- Login with the default username and password (check default settings below) or try to Sign in to the web-interface with the username and password you have changed.
- Click on the Administration under the advanced settings menu.
- Search for the link "Restore/Save/Upload Setting"
- Click on the Restore beside the factory default.
- Once it is opened, click on OK.
Through the Reset Button on the Back Side of the Router
- At the rear side of your router, there is a tiny reset button.
- Press and hold the reset button for 5 seconds till the power LED’s starts flashing, with the help of a sharp object such as pins, pencil, pen etc.
- Another method you can use to reset the ASUS RT-AX88U Firmware is as follows:
- Press and hold the reset button of your router for 30 seconds while it’s already turned ON with the help of a sharp object such as pins, pencil, pen etc.
- Unplug the power cable of the router and hold down the reset button for 30 seconds while holding the reset button pressed with the help of a sharp object such as pins, pencil, pen etc.
- Turn the device ON while still holding the reset button down and hold it for 30 seconds. With the above steps, reset your router to its factory settings.
Default factory settings for ASUS RT-AX88U
Below are the following default credentials for your ASUS router, in case you have performed a reset process. This may also help you to Login to the RT-AX88U Firmware.
- Default Network name (SSID): ASUS_XX_2G,ASUS_XX_5G
- Default Gateway IP: 192.168.1.1
- Default username: admin
- Default password: admin
- Default subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
- Default DNS server: 192.168.1.1
ASUS RT-AX88U Firmware Version 22.214.171.124.384.7968 Comprises of the Following Features
- Enhanced wireless compatibility.
- Enhanced wireless performance.
- Improved AiProtection related issues.
- Supports Amazon Wi-Fi simple setup: Helps you connect WSS supported devices to your Wi-Fi network and Alexa account in fewer steps. Enabling this feature introduces a simple setup network that supported devices can use to have access on Wi-Fi credentials saved in the Amazon Wi-Fi Locker.
- The actual transfer speed of USB 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, and/or Type-C can vary reckoning on several factors together with the processing speed of the host device, file attributes, and alternative factors associated with system configuration and your operative setting.
- Actual knowledge turnout and local area network coverage can vary from network conditions and environmental factors, together with the degree of network traffic, artifact and construction, and network overhead, end in lower actual knowledge turnout and wireless coverage.
- Quoted network speeds and information measures supported current IEEE 802.11ac specifications. Actual performance is also suffering from network and repair supplier factors, interface sort, and alternative conditions. Connected devices should be 802.11ac-compatible for best results.