1. Utilize the router's browser-based serviceableness.
After opening the web browser, type in http://192.168.1.1, http://192.168.0.1, http://192.168.0.2, or http://10.0.0.1 which is related to the individual settings.
2. Gain access to the browser-based utility.
The default username and password are both "admin".
3. Select the WAN menu located in Advanced Settings on the left hand side.
4. In the WAN DNS configuration, type in 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124 into "DNS Server 1 and DNS Server 2 respectively.
5. Assure that your LAN DNS server is not decided. Do not set up OpenDNS here!
6. Evaluate your configurations.
1. Attain the access to the router's browser-based service.
Open a web browser and type in http://192.168.1.1, http://192.168.0.1, http://192.168.0.2, or http://10.0.0.1 depending on the individual settings.
2. Log into the browser-based service.
The default username is "admin" and the default password is "admin".
3. Select the WAN menu under Advanced Settings on the left hand side.
4. Under WAN DNS settings, type in 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52 into "DNS Server 1 and DNS Server 2 respectively.
5. Confirm that your LAN DNS server is not configured. Do not set OpenDNS here!
We are required to know the Internal IP Address of your Asus RT-AC68U router before we can login to it.
If you did not visualise your router's ip address in the list above. There are 2 additional ways that you can attain knowledge of your router's IP address:
Now that you have your router's Internal IP Address we are ready to login to it.
The Asus RT-AC68U has a web interface for setting. You can utilize any web browser you like to login to the Asus RT-AC68U. In this example we'll utilize Internet Explorer.
If you can not get logged in to your router, here a few possible alternatives you can try.
You should try other Asus passwords. We have a huge list of Asus Passwords that you can see located here. Perhaps your router's default password is different than what we have listed here.
If your Internet Service Provider supplied you with your router then you might want to attempt giving them a call and see if they either know what your router's username and password are, or maybe they can reconfigure it for you.
If you still can not get logged in then you are maybe going to have to reconfigure your router to its default configurations. You may want to adhere to our guide called How To Reset your Router.
How to Login to Asus RT-AC68U Wireless Router?