Secure Netgear Nighthawk R7000P Router:
Netgear Nighthawk routers allow you to stream several devices at the same time and is considered one of the best routers among the users. It supports MU-MIMO and beamforming technology. So here's your guide to secure netgear Nighthawk R7000P router.
Steps to Set up Your Netgear Nighthawk R7000P Router Connection for the First Time
- Primarily from your Nighthawk router, remove the antenna caps and then connect the given antennas you got with the router.
- Next, connect your router to the power outlet and then remember to check the proper supply of power from the outlet you have plugged into.
- Now attach your router to the modem and after that, connect both the devices through an Ethernet cable.
- On your device, go to the wireless internet settings and connect it to the Nighthawk router.
- Enter the password, once you have been prompted to enter the security key to proceed further.
- After you are done with the above steps, set up the web browser of your preference.
Ensure that the browser you are using is updated with a latest version in order to prevent the issues while Netgear Nighthawk R7000P router login. In order to check that, follow the below steps:
- You have browser options such as Safari, Chrome, Edge, Internet Explorer or Mozilla.
- Next, enter the default web address routerlogin.net in the web address bar.
- You can access the default IP in case the default web address didn't work.
- Once you enter the web address, you will land on the Nighthawk router login window.
- Now, to complete the setup process enter the username and password.
- After you enter the username and password, you will be taken to the Netgear Genie setup wizard.
- In the window, you will be able to configure or change your Nighthawk settings as you prefer.
You have now completed the setup process of your Netgear Nighthawk R7000P router. Now that you have set up the router, it's time for you to secure netgear Nighthawk R7000P router to prevent your router from the threats.
Steps to Secure Your Netgear Nighthawk R7000P Router
Since you have your router with a default netgear Nighthawk R7000P router password while you bought it, it's really important to change it in order to avoid the threats to your network in the near future. Below are the steps to secure your netgear Nighthawk R7000P router.
- Open the Admin account settings.
- Now select a security question as well as your new password as per your choice and then click on Next.
- In the next screen, you will be prompted to choose whether or not to download the router apps.
- Now make your selection and then again click on Next.
- Lastly, your router will check for the latest firmware update. Click on the download button, in case the new firmware update is available.
- The Nighthawk router is secure and you can also enable a guest network for people that will visit you.
Steps to Enable the Guest Network
- Once you have logged into your router, go to the settings and then click on the guest network.
- Under the guest network screen, you will be able to enable the guest network option.
- Next, you will be prompted to give your network a name and a strong/unique password to proceed for the next.
- Lastly, click on the Apply to create a guest network.
We hope the above article helped you to secure netgear Nighthawk R7000P router and continue with your streaming, surfing, or gaming all around your home.