Setup Netgear Nighthawk R7000 Router:
Here are the steps, that one needs to follow in order to setup Netgear nighthawk r7000 router. Please ensure that the internet service is active before you start installing the router.
These are Some of the Steps That You Need to Follow in Order to Setup Netgear Nighthawk r7000.
1) Take off the antenna caps. It is on the antenna posts of the router.
2) Attach Your Antenna
Properly align the antenna with the antenna port of your router. Attach them on the antenna ports that are threaded.
- Attach these antennas in order to get the best wireless performance. It is recommended that the central antenna must be vertical and the other two must be aimed outwards making a 45-degree angle.
3) Prepare Your Modem
- Disconnect your modem from the power source.
- In case your modem has a battery backup, take out the batteries.
- In case, your modem was already connected to another router, then remove the cable between your router and the modem.
Please ensure that your modem has been turned off and is connected to a wall jack in order to get internet service.
4) Connect the Modem
- To setup Netgear r7000 router connect your modem and then turn it on.
- Now, take out the batteries and then replace them.
- A yellow ethernet cable must have come along with the router. Connect the modem to the internet port of your router.
5) Connect it to a Power Adapter and Then Add Power
- To setup Netgear nighthawk r7000 router, link your router to the power adapter and then connect that adapter to the wall outlet.
- Wait for some time so that the power LED light on the front panel of the router to get turned on.
- Once the LED lights are turned on, press the power button that is placed on the side of the router.
6) Connect Your Computer System
Use an ethernet wired or wireless network for connecting the computer system.
- For getting a wired connection, use an ethernet wire and connect it to the black colored Ethernet port of your router and then connect the other end to the computer system.
- In order to link it with your Wi-Fi, use the Wi-Fi settings mentioned in the product label.
7) Open an Internet Browser
If you are connecting to your router for the very first time, then in that case the genie screen is going to show up in front of you. These are some of the steps that you need to follow for connecting to the internet.
In case the genie does not show up, then these are some of the steps that you need to try.
- Close the internet browser and then open it once again.
- To setup Netgear nighthawk r7000 router, please ensure that your PC is connected to the LAN ports of the router.
- In case your computer system has a fixed or static IP address, then you must change it for obtaining the address automatically from the router.
In case the genie screen does not appear before you, then in that case log into your router, so that it becomes easier for the genie to detect the network connection.
Follow These Steps for Logging into the Netgear Nighthawk R7000 Router:
- Open your internet browser
- After that to setup Netgear nighthawk r7000 router, you need to enter www.routerlogin.net in the location bar of your internet browser.
- A login screen will open up in front of you.
- Put admin in the username section and enter the password in the password field.
The basic home screen will open up before your eyes. In case the network connection has not been setup, then the genie will begin detecting the internet connection automatically.
So, these are some of the steps that you need to follow in order to setup Netgear nighthawk r7000 router.
netgear nighthawk r7000 setup, netgear r7000 setup