If you are unable to login into Netgear router, then have a look at these steps, may be it proves helpful for you -
- First of all, you need to check login information i.e., username and password that is written on your Netgear router.
- After this, open your favourite internet browser and type “www.routerlogin.com” in the address bar. To access Netgear router web interface, you can also type “192.168.1.1” in the address bar. To establish a direct connection between your system and Netgear router, you can use the ethernet cable.
- Now, you are redirected to Netgear router web page where you need to enter login information (default login credentials).
- If the default login credentials are not working then it might be possible their values have been changed. After entering login values, hit Login and enter into Netgear router configuration page.
What to do, if default login credentials are not working -
- Reset Netgear router – Power on Netgear router and search the “Restore Factory Settings” button. Now, take a pen or paperclip and press the “Restore Factory Settings” button. Now the power light starts to blink, gently release the button. Now your Netgear router will restart and the power light will turn into solid green.
- Change ethernet cable – Various times, a faulty ethernet cable prevent user to access Netgear router. In such situation, just replace your ethernet cable with a new one then try to login to Netgear router configuration page.
- Change your PC’s IP address – If still, you are unable to access Netgear router then change your PC’s IP address. By modifying IP address, I hope you can access Netgear router login page.
After trying these steps, I hope you will definitely able to login to Netgear router.