There are certain problems faced by the users who use wireless cameras in comparison to the ones who use wired cameras. Arlo pro is distinct from other wireless cameras because it is run through batteries and not through a wired connection. Arlo pro also has its personal base station. All Arlo cameras are connected to one base station. Cameras use z-wave for wireless communication. Arlo cameras are able to connect with the home wireless network because of base station connectivity. To setup Netgear arlo pro, these are some of the steps that you are required to follow.
Step 1: Setup the Arlo application
- The arlo pro setup procedure is very simple.
- First of all, you need to download Arlo application in your iOS or Android device. Now, launch the app and tap on the button of New to Arlo.
- In the next screen that appears in front of you, type the Arlo product that you wish to setup.
- Now, you will be required to install the base station. Insert one end of your your Ethernet wire to your router’s ethernet port and the other end to the base station. Now, turn on the connector that is placed on the hub’s back.
- When you are done with the setup of your base station. Click on continue.
- Give some time to the app to turn on and then the app will start looking for the hub on your network.
- Now, click on choose time zone.
Step 2 : Make Netgear account
After that, you will be required to create a Netgear account.
- Enter your e-mail address and click on the button of continue for creating a Netgear account.
Step 3: sync camera with the base station
- Please ensure that the base station is close to the cameras during the process of syncing. Now, click on continue.
- In case the battery is not installed, then you must install the battery.
- Now, click on the button of sync that is placed on the head of the base station.
- After that, press Arlo Pro’s sync button.
- Click on the button of continue after syncing your camera and base station.
- If you wish to link more than one camera, then go to the option of “Add more cameras”.
Step 4: Update camera firmware and base station
- Now, go to the main interface of the Arlo application, where you will see the option of update.
- After that, click on “Update Base Station”.
- Once the base station is updated, then you are required to repeat the same procedure with the cameras.
Step 5: Check security system
- You can get the live view of the camera by clicking on the button of live.
- You can click a picture, record a video manually, and sound the alarm just through the application itself.
- Also, you can disarm or arm the system manually.