Setup Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 Modem Router:
If you are interested in playing online games then this Netgear Nighthawk AC 1900 Modem router fits for you. It is designed with a 1GHZ dual-core processor to provide more speed without lagging. Hence you can watch various videos, games, music, and others using this router. In this article, we can see what are the steps you should follow to setup Netgear Nighthawk AC 1900 modem router?
Various Features of the Netgear Nighthawk Router:
The features provided by Netgear Nighthawk router after setting up in your devices are as follows:
- Netgear Nighthawk app
- Open Virtualized private network
- You can access the secure personal cloud
- You can access the home network remotely
- You can share more photos on the storage from anywhere
- You can control your home network with the voice commands using Amazon Alexa or the Google Assistant
- It provides smart parental control.
You can experience the above features when you setup Netgear Nighthawk AC 1900 modem router.
Steps to Setup the Netgear Nighthawk Router:
In this topic, we are going to see about various features you need to follow to setup Netgear Nighthawk AC 1900 modem router. Before installing the router check whether your internet service is active and then follow the steps given below.
Step 1 : Attach the Antennas Using the Steps Given Below:
- On the modem router, align the antennas with the antenna post.
- Then attach the antenna on the threaded antenna post.
- Connect the antenna in such a way that the central antenna should be vertical and others should be 45 degrees outwards from this.
Step 2 : Then Connect the Modem Router to the DSL Service that is ADSL or VDSL.
- Between the phone line and the phone install the DSL microfilter.
- Using the phone cable connect the microfilter to the DSL port on the modem router.
Step 3 : The Next Step is to Add the Power to the Modem Router
- First, connect the power adapter to a modem router and then plug the power adapter to an outlet.
- Wait until the power LED turns white color. If it doesn’t happen automatically press the power ON/OFF button.
- Then wait for Wi-Fi LED to turn white. If it does not glow the press the Wi-Fi ON/OFF button.
Step 4 : After that Check, the DSL LED in the Nighthawk Router
- If the modem router is connected to the DSL service then the LED light of DSL turns white.
Step 5 : Then Connect a Device to the Router.
- Use either wired or wireless connection to connect a computer or a Wi-Fi device to the modem router.
- To connect the device using a wired connection, use Ethernet cable to connect an Ethernet port on your computer to the Ethernet port on your modem.
- To connect the device using the wireless connection, On the label of the modem router find the pre-assigned Wi-Fi network name and the password. In your computer open the Wi-Fi connection manager and use the network name and password in the modem to connect.
Step 6 : Connecting Your Device to the Internet
In order to connect to the internet, you need to follow the steps given below
To log in to modem router launch the web browser.
For the first time of connection, the Netgear's installation assistant will guide you.
Follow the steps provided in order to connect to the internet.
If the Netgear Assistant does not Available on Your Computer then Follow These Steps They Are:
- Close and reopen the web browser again.
- And ensure that your computer is connected to the modem with any one of the four Ethernet cables or it is connected to the modem Wi-Fi network.
- And then check whether the modem router is receiving power and the LED glows.
- If you have set a static IP on your computer, then change the computer setting in such a way that it receives IP address from the modem automatically.
If you are not able to get the Netgear assistant then login to the modem router. So that it helps the assistant to identify your internet connection.
These are the steps you need to follow to set up Netgear nighthawk 1900 modem router.