Check these points for installing TP-Link router with modem -
1.First of all, you have to connect the TP-Link router to your modem by using an ethernet cable. You have to insert one end of the ethernet cable into yellow switch port of TP-Link router and another end into your PC’s ethernet port.
2.After this, you have to plug the power adapter into the wall outlet. Also, plug the DC power jack into TP-link router. Now turn on the router by pressing the power button.
3.Now, open any internet browser, type “192.168.0.1” in the address bar and also press Enter key.
4. You are redirected towards a window where you have to enter username and password for authentication purpose. You have to enter these details -
username - admin
password - admin
5.After entering authentication details hit Login.
6. On TP-Link, router setup wizard, move to “System Tools” menu and then tap on “Firmware Update” button.
7. In next step, tap on “Choose File” button and then choose a factory image for TP-Link router.
8. Make sure your router model number and version are matching, there should not exist any mismatch!
9.Next, click on Upgrade button and choose Yes option for confirmation.
10.Now your TP-Link router will reboot, so you to wait for a few minutes.
11. After rebooting, again open the web page and log into TP-Link router setup wizard.
12. Navigate to TP-Link router Management page and hit a click on Network option. After this, move to the left side and click on WAN.
13. Modify WAN Connection type to PPPoE and proceed to next step.
14. Now, you have to enter PPPoE username and password that is provided by your ISP.
15. At last, save the entire settings by clicking on Save button.
16. Now, go to Status option and see the “WAN” part. If there is valid IP address then you must understand that connection has been established between your TP-Link router and modem.
17. If there is no valid IP address, then you have to perform a power cycle on TP-link router. For this process, turn off TP-Link router, modem, and computer for 2 minutes. After 2 minutes, turn on all devices and establish a fresh connection between them.
If you have any confusion regarding the process that is described above then drop a message, I will definitely help you. Otherwise, if you need TP-LINK TL-WR841N router reset help, contact TP-Link Router Technical Support Number.
You don't install a router you just plug it in to your LAN and configure it. Before installing the Router make sure your PC is connected to the Internet through the broadband service successfully.
The default domain name of the TL-WR841ND 300Mbps Wireless N Router is http://tplinklogin.net the default IP address is 192.168.0.1 and the default Subnet Mask is 255.255.255.0. These values can be changed as you desire.
To access the configuration utility open a web-browser and type in the default domain name http://tplinklogin.net in the address field of the browser or 192.168.0.1. When the login window comes up enter admin fro the username and password and once in set it up according to what you want.
The TL-WR841N Wireless N Router is a combined wired/wireless network connection device designed specifically for small business office and home networking requirements. It provides a simple very fast pleasing way to access internet or Ethernet without cablesfor work or fun. It complies with the IEEE 802.11n standard with wireless transmission speeds of up to 300Mbps. The router features4 10/100M switch ports to achieve the most effective data transmission. TL-WR841N adopts MIMO technologies has two externalfixed Omni directional antennas providing even better wireless performance transmission rates stability and coverage. CCAtechnology automatically avoids channel conflicts using its channel selection feature. It also works well with other 11g and 11nprotocol wireless products. TL-WR841N also provides easy and quick security setup with WPS (WiFi Protected Setup) standard getnetwork safety at the push of a button.
The TL-WR841N 300Mbps Wireless N Router by TP-LINK is a combined wired/wireless network connection device designed specifically for small business and home office networking. With 2T2R MIMO Technology the TL-WR841N provides exceptional wireless performance making it ideal for streaming HD video making VoIP and online gaming. Plus the TL-WR841N's Quick Setup Security (QSS) button on the sleek and fashionable exterior ensures WPA2 encryptions which prevents the network from outside intrusions.