TP Link EAP Access Points:
As mentioned in the query, the user has two TP Link EAP245 AP units hooked to a separate router switch. Both the routers have a separate frequency of 2.4 GHz and 5ghz. Both the routers have the same SSID for 2.4 GHz and 5ghz.
The users has his mobile and computer connected to both the network and they shift places according to signal strength. The user also has a printer attached wirelessly to both the networks.
However there is a problem, the user can only print from one side of the house. The other side of house does not lets the user to print wirelessly. Let’s find out the solution of this issue.
The query can be sorted on three conditions ;
- The First Scenario - It is possible that the two AP units might conflict with each other as the switch is not able to bear the load of both the routers. So the user need to change the switch to more conventional one.
- Second Scenario - If the issue still persists, the user needs to attach only one router to the switch at one time. You can do this by disconnecting the other router from the switch.
- Third Scenario - You need to reset both the routers simultaneously.
Method 1 -
- Locate the reset button at the back of your Tp-link eap router. The button is small and recessed to avoid accidental resets.
- Use a pen or paper clip to press and hold the reset button until its test light begins to blink. You may need to press and hold the reset button for up to 10 seconds.
- Release the reset button. The Tp link eap router will reboot.
- Log in to the router on your computer using the default Tp link eap username and password. The default username and password is admin in both the case.
- Wait for the router to accept your login information. If you are still unable to log in to the router continue to follow the remaining steps below.
- Unplug the Tp link eap router from the power outlet.
- Use a pen or paper clip to press and hold the reset button and plug the router back into the power outlet at the same time.
- Continue to press and hold the reset button for at least 20 seconds after the router has been plugged into the power outlet. The Tp link ip router will reboot once again.
9. Log in to the router on your computer using the same default username and password information. You will now be logged into the router.
- Locate the buttons on the side of the router labeled "Wireless" and "WPS."
- Press both the "Wireless" and "WPS" buttons at the same time for 5 seconds. The router will reboot.
- Log in to the router on your computer using the default Tp link eap username and password. The default username will be "admin" and the default password will also be "admin " You will now be logged into the Tp link ip router.