To secure Arris router, try these methods that are described below:-
Method 1: Enable a Wireless Security Password on Arris router
- Firstly, launch an Internet browser session on your computer. Type the IP address of Arris router into the address bar and hit “Enter” key.
- Leave the username empty, and type “admin” into the password field box. Enter these values only if have never changed this criterion from its original default settings.
- Now, choose a security mode from the drop-down menu next to “Security Mode”. Choose a level of security from WEP, WPA Personal, and WPA2 Personal. Now type a password of your choice into the field next to “Passphrase”. Keep in mind that your password must be at least 8 characters long, and is case-sensitive.
- Click on the Wireless > Wireless Security. Now choose the “Manual” radio button that is next to “Configuration View.” Next, click on “Save settings”. To access Arris router, you have to enter that security password, so keep it in your mind.
Method 2: Disable the SSID Broadcast
- Launch an Internet browser and type the Arris router’s IP address into the address bar. Hit Enter button and login into Arris router home screen.
- When the home page of the setup menu displays on-screen you have to type username and password in the appropriate field boxes.
- Go to Setup menu and click on “Wireless”. Click on the “Disabled” radio button next to SSID Broadcast field.
- In last, save all changes by clicking on “Save settings.” Now other users who are present near your physical location will not have the ability to detect your router.
Now your Arris is secure from intruders and now you can also limit the number of connections. If you face any issue then call at Arris Router Technical Support Number.