I have a Belkin N600 Wireless Dual-Band N Router I am trying to wireless connect a new laptop on Windows 8. It won't accept the WEP key I have previously used. The router is cable connected to my desktop computer. How do I find out the details of the WEP key for this router or reset all??Please help me !!
Steps to find a WEP key:
1. Open a browser (the program used to access the internet). The following process worked for myself when using the Internet Explorer, Firefox and Opera browsers, although I am unsure whether it will work for other browsers (eg Chrome, Safari etc).
2. Type the following into the address bar of the browser. if using a Belkin router type "192.168.2.1". The address bar is the area where webpages are typed. It is important when typing in that there is NO https://www. before the numbers.
3. If all has gone well this should open a page that says Belkin.
4. Just click submit without typing in a password.
5. Click on a) "Wireless" or b) "settings".
6. Click on a) "Wireless security" or b) "wireless settings".
7. There should be a page with a WEP key listed.
8. Write it down/copy and use as you wish!
How do you access belkin router's wep key?
Ans: Setup Belkin router for gaming - Belkin route...
Ans: Reason you can’t log on - One of the most c...
Ans: Many broadband cable and DSL service providers pro...
Ans: Hey as per your query, you have a Belkin router wh...
Ans: Access the Setup Page by typing https://192.168....
|Awarded a Best Answer||10 points|
|Answer Questions||2 points|
|Choose a Best Answer||3 points|