You can configure netgear router for gaming by use of Quality Of Service(QoS) to assign high priority to gaming and video streaming.
(QoS):Quality of Service or (QoS) is an advanced feature that prioritizes internet traffic for application,online gaming,Ethernets lAN ports,or specified MAC addresses to minimize the impact of busy bandwidth.
Upstream QoS prioritizes network traffic from local devices like your Xbox to the internet.This provides a lag-free online gaming experience.
NETGEAR recommends that only gamers enable the Upstream QoS feature.If you are not a gamelover and you turn on this feature ,some applications mght not perform as well usual.
1. First you need to Launch a web browser in your computer or mobile device that is connected to your router's network.
2. You need to enter http://routerlogin.net in to your browser addressbar.A login window displays.
3. Then you need to enter the router user name and password into login window display.The user name is admin and default password is password.The user name and password are case-sensitive.
4. Then the BASIC Home page displays.Then you need to Select ADVANCED>Setup>QoS Setup.
The WMM page displays.
5. Then you need to Select the Upstream QoS tab.
6. Then the Upstream QoS page displays.Then You need to Enable Upstream QoS(Optimized for Gaming) check box.
7. You need to Specify the maximum uplink bandwidthfor your internet connection:
• If you Know what's your Uplink bandwidth then you need to enter it in the Uplink bandwidth Maximum field.
• If you are not sure about the Uplink bandwidth then you need to click the Speedtest button. Speedtest verifies the Upstream speed of your Internet connection. The Uplink bandwidth Maximum field displays the result of the test.
8. Then you need to Click the Apply button then your router assign a high priority to internet traffic from your gaming devices to the internet.