Hello everyone, I want to configure NETGEAR router for gaming but I'm confusing in some points and unable to solve this problem. So can anyone have any solution
You can configure Netgear router setting for gaming by use of Quality Of Service(QoS) to assign a high priority to game and video streaming.
(QoS): Quality of Service or (QoS) is an advanced feature that prioritizes internet traffic for application, online gaming, Ethernets lAN ports, or specified MAC addresses to minimize the impact of busy bandwidth.
Upstream QoS prioritizes network traffic from local devices like your Xbox to the internet. This provides a lag-free online gaming experience.
NETGEAR recommends that only gamers enable upstream QoS (optimized for gaming) features. If you are not a game lover and you turn on this feature, some applications might not perform as well as usual.
1. First, you need to Launch a web browser in your computer or mobile device that is connected to your router's network.
2. You need to enter http://routerlogin.net into your browser address bar. Login window displays.
3. Then you need to enter the router user name and password into the login window display. The user name is admin and the default password is password. The user name and password are case-sensitive.
4. Then the BASIC Home page displays. Then you need to Select ADVANCED>Setup>QoS Setup.
The WMM page displays.
5. Then you need to Select the Upstream QoS tab.
6. Then the Upstream QoS page displays. Then You need to Enable Upstream QoS (Optimized for Gaming) checkbox.
7. You need to Specify the maximum uplink bandwidth your internet connection:
8. Then you need to click the Apply button then your NETGEAR router assigns a high priority to internet traffic from your gaming devices to the internet.