Login Reset Linksys Wi-Fi Router Password:
Linksys router is the dual band wireless router which is widely used router in the technical industry. This router comes with four USB ports and equipped with four antennas for the better area coverage. Linksys router is equipped with WPA or WPA2 security enabled features and its network speed is up to 300 Mbps.
Linksys router comes with 128 bit encryption key. Suppose if you are using Linksys router since long time and you forgot the administrator password and you have forgotten the network’s wireless security key. So in this case, you have to troubleshoot connectivity issue.
First of all every users need to know about the difference between resetting of a router and rebooting of a router. In rebooting process, the cycle to power to it and in resetting of router means involve changes in the setting like factory resetting process.
Resetting refers router is with original settings not with customize settings. If you have not remember the password to your router and now you want to reset the password.
Login Reset Linksys Wi-Fi Router Password:
If you are unable to access Linksys router web-based setup page or if you have forgot your router’s password, so in this case you are required to reset your routers with its default setting. For performing reset operation, you are required to press reset button for the ten seconds.
Note: Resetting the router’s with its default factory settings will also reset your router’s password. One of the most important thing is power light should be blinking during performing the reset operation. The location of reset button might be very due to different kind of model.
In the reset operation, you have to press reset button for 30 seconds in the old model and replug it again. The power LED light will keep blinking on for some few seconds after performing reset operation. If the power LED light is not become solid after pressing reset button, so in this case you are required to power cycle this process again and again.
Login reset Linksys Wi-Fi Router password using web-based setup page:
- First you are required to access Linksys router’s web based setup page.
- Now you are required to launch the browser and enter 192.168.1.1 address in the address bar of installed browser and press enter. If this IP address does not work or if it has been change then in this case check the Linksys router IP address.
- Now enter your required credential on the field provided. Default password is admin. If you have personalized your password, use that instead.
- The login page appears differently for Linksys smart Wi-Fi router.
How to Access Web-Based Setup Page on the MAC Computer:
- First you need to launch web-browser in the Google chrome or Safari.
- Now you have to enter specific web address in the address bar of installed browser and there after press the enter button to proceed. Now enter your router’s username and password when prompted and click on the continue button.
Process to Change the Linksys Router’s Password:
- First you are required to launch Linksys Connect.
- Now on the main Linksys connect window, first select the router’s setting and then click on change.
- After in the personalize section, you need to click to change the modify your Linksys router name and password.
- You will get a window which shows and confirm that you are changing your Linksys router name and password and click yes to continue.
- On the change of router’s name and password screen, you are suppose to enter a name which you prefer to call your wireless network under the router’s name field and thereafter enter password which is 8-63 character long. When you are done click on the change.
Note for changing the Linksys router’s password:
- To learn how to access the web-based setup page on MAC Computer then follow the steps mentioned above.
- First you need to click on the administrator tab.
- Under the management section, enter the password in the router’s password and re-enter this password entry in the confirm field.
- Furthermore you might ask to enter password with the combination of letter and numbers.
- Finally click on the save setting options.
- All the computer should be connected with the network will be using the password when logging in to the router’s web based setup page.
- Admin username and password will be different from the SSID and passphrase of your wireless network.
- You can check your security settings of your network.
- If you are still facing issue on changing or resetting the router’s admin password, then you need to upgrade your firmware.
- After performing upgrade operation, go through resetting Linksys router to factory default section again to the articles.