I recently bought a Belkin wireless router form my home network, I have a Comcast as a service provider. I do not know how to configure or setup this thing? Do I need to simply plug it in with my modem? Can anyone tell me in detail and non-tech language on how to do this?
You need to configure and setup your router with the help of a computer or mobile device, in order to share your internet connection with multiple other devices. You can set it up either via a wired connection or wireless connection. You need to decide which one is more suitable for you, although the only difference lies in the connection.
1. Connect your Belkin router to a power source.
2. Connect the WAN port of your modem to the Intenet port of your Belkin router.
3. Power on both the router and the modem, wait for a minute to let your device boot up.
4. Using an Ethernet cable connect the LAN port of your Belkin router to the computer.
1. Connect your modem and router in the same way as above, and power it on.
2. Open your computer and look for your Belkin router under wireless networks, click on it to connect.
3. Once you are connected to the wireless network we can proceed towards the actual setup.
Setting up Belkin router:
Before proceeding towards the actual setup, there are certain pre-requirements, which you must have :
Belkin routers are an outstanding resource for connecting your home network to the Internet. It ain’t difficult to set up a Belkin router but, there are some things that you need to keep in mind in order to establish a connection between your computer and the Internet.
Hello Anthony, it is extremely easy to setup Belkin router.
How to Setup Belkin Router?
Ans: Install a Belkin N150 Wireless Router: Step 1 :...
Ans: Belkin Router Password Setup Wireless N: Belkin...
Ans: Routers help us to connect with the internet. Belk...
Ans: In this global world, people get more advanced in ...
Ans: If you want to connect WiFi Dongle with wireless R...
|Awarded a Best Answer||10 points|
|Answer Questions||2 points|
|Choose a Best Answer||3 points|