Firmware updates are provided by your manufacturer to fix minor glitches and boost your device. You can update the firmware on your Arris router by following these simple steps.
1. Open your web browser and navigate to the official website of Arris router.
2. On the main page, click on 'More', you will be redirected to a new window. Here you will find separate options for different support for your machine.
3. Click on 'Driver & Firmware Update' > 'Routers'. You will have different router models listed in front of you. Select the model number of your device from the list.
4. All the latest firmware and Drivers will get listed, select the latest firmware update you want to install for your Arris router and download it.
5. Install the downloaded firmware on your computer and then reboot the router and computer. The device will implement the new updates. You have successfully updated the firmware now.
Use a third-party application:
Sometimes your service provider may not provide you with a notification of the available updates. So chances are you might miss these firmware or driver updates from time to time. So for these reasons we recommend the users to use a third-party application. There are many such applications which automatically update all the devices connected to your PC.
Firmware upgrades for Arris modems are available at arris.com, but only cable operators can ingress them. The new software fixes bugs that were reported with the old firmware and can also provide improvements in speed. Once your Internet Service Provider has obtained an update, it will be impelled to your hardware when the device is not in operation.
I am not sure this will work but you might try:
How to Update Firmware of Arris Router?