Hello, I am using Arris router. I am troubleshooting an issue with connection to chat on my game. It also giving issue with play back flash videos on certain websites. I know how to fix the problem, but I cannot access my firewall settings on my Arris router due to the default gateway IP address. It gives me 188.8.131.52 but when I type that into my search bar no connection is found. I can access my wireless routers page with no problem. But when directly hooked up to my router it's a no go. Please help me.
My Arris Router Model Number : TG862
If you can’t connect to Arris router settings page then, first of all, you have to reset your router.
Follow these stepwise guidelines -
After going through above points, I hope you can easily access Arris router and make changes in wireless settings as per your choice.
A router is a medium by which there is communication within an area, with a group of community or a society. Basically, routers are used in offices, universities, campuses, wide area network or local area network. Arris router is one of the best routers all over the world. Before knowing how to access Arris router page it is very necessary to know how to find your arris router IP Address.
Routers are of two types: an Internal IP Address, and an External IP Address. If you want to configure arris router you need to connect to your web browser with your Internal IP Address.
To know your Arris routers Internal IP Address you can follow the steps-
After logging in you are able to find the information you need to use your device in your place. The Arris Router is having WPA/WPA2-PSK encryption standards.
Hence you can fix Arris router login not working problem.
If you cannot access your Arris router settings page, chances are someone has tampered with your admin settings. Follow the instructions to get back access to your Arris router.
1. Reset your router to wipe out any changes made to it without your knowledge. Press the reset button at the back for 30 seconds. All your router settings will be restored to default.
2. Connect your router to your PC, using a wired ethernet connection or you can also connect to it via wifi.
3. Open your web browser on your PC, and type in your local IP address in the URL field. In case you do not know the IP address follow this link - Find Out Default IP Address Of Router.
4. You will be redirected to the login page of your Arris router since the router has been reset, you have to use the default username and password for your router model. Enter them in their respective fields and login.
5. Now, you can access all your router settings and change it as per your preference.