Why i am unable to access internet through linksys wag54g?
I have UK Wanadoo Broadband connection but now I am replacing my Wanadoo Speedtouch modem with the Linksys WAG54G. It connects to a PC running Win XP Home through a Linksys USB Network Adaptor. My another PC is also connected to the network through the Wireless Network Adaptor. The problem is, I can't get either computer to access the internet through the Linksys WAG54G. As I am a new user so please help me to fix this issue as earliest as possible.
Apply these troubleshooting tips if you are unable to access internet via Linksys WAG54G router -
1.Firstly verify that your computer and Linksys router are powered on. Also, check Linksys router's green power light is on.
2. After this check all physical connections between the Linksys Router and other devices.
3. Make sure that the Link light for each of your hardware connections is blinking (green).
4.To check Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP) and Service Set Identifier (SSID) settings, go through these steps -
Open Mozilla Firefox and type "http://192.168.1.1" into the Address field and press Enter key.
Now you are prompted for a username and password. Type admin into the Password field and don't type anything in the username field. After this, press Enter key. Now Linksys Router Setup page will appear on the screen.
You must enter the new username and password if you changed the username and password while setting up your router security settings. If you enter incorrect login credentials then you can access the internet via Linksys router.
Verify that the WEP setting. Also, verify that the SSID setting matches that of all other devices on the network.
5. If you have setup Linksys router and still unable to access the internet then make sure that network cabling is away from power outlets, fluorescent lighting fixtures, uninterruptible power supplies, and other sources of strong electromagnetic interference.
6.If still unable to access the internet via Linksys router then reset the router to the factory default settings. Put a pen or something small enough to go through the hole labeled Reset on the back side of Linksys router. Hold down the reset button for 5 seconds or until the red light comes on. Now your router has been reset to factory defaults.
Manually enter computer's MAC Address in the Linksys router’s web-based setup page -
1. Firstly unplug your ISP’s modem from the power outlet.
2. After unplugging the modem, access the Linksys router’s web-based setup page.
3. After opening Setup page, give a click the MAC Address Clone sub-tab.
4. Click Enabled and manually enter the MAC Address in the required boxes. Next, click Save Settings. After saving settings, click the Status tab.
5. Plug the Linksys router back to the power outlet and wait for all the lights to sync up.
6. Power back ON the Linksys router and wait for a few moments.
7. To verify your ISP’s Internet IP Address, access the Linksys router’s web-based setup page and click the Status tab.
8. The Internet IP Address from your modem will now reflect on the router’s Status page. You may now test websites to verify your connection to the Internet.
Still having an issue? Call at Linksys Router Technical Support Number.
Most of the times, we face a situation where we get successfully connected to the computer but can't access the internet. There may be several reasons for such kind of a situation, either your computer is having a problem or the Linksys wag54g router is not connected to the internet via ISP.
Go through the following steps:
1. First check to see whether it is your router or computer that is making a connection problem. You can do this by connecting the same wireless network to another computer.
2. If other computer is connected to the network propely, then you may need to check your computer. It means that there is a issue with your computer.
3. But if you can't access internet on the another computer then try to restart your wireless router along with cable modem or ISP router. If still not connected, then call ISP and they will run some tests to check if they can reach your router.
4. In case of computer connectivity problem, it is much harder to solve this issue. Why? because there may be a lot of reasons for this issue.
Howver, you can use some techniques to make it connect to your Linksys wag54g router(If it works)
Method 1:Try to reset your wireless network:
Sometimes a router has MAC address filtering enabled which means that only certain computers can connect to your router. Simply reset the router to default settings. This will possbibly remove all the security, filtering or any other settings that can create problems in connecting your router to the computer.
Method 2:Reset TCP/IP Stack:
Repair your internet connection(if it is corrupted) by resetting the TCP/IP stacks in windows. Go to start, and Run. Type cmd.
Now write the following command in cmd: netsh int ip reset reset.log
netsh winsock reset catalog Reboot your computer and then check your internet connection.