If you have just purchased a Belkin router and you are looking for assistance in how to setup Belkin router, then here are some of the steps that you are required to follow for easy setup.
Here is a List of Things that You Must have in Order to Setup Belkin Wireless Router in Easy Steps:
- An ethernet wire
- A smartphone or a computer system
- Internet service provider and modem
- A power outlet for connecting both modem and router
- Password and username
You can configure your Belkin router using any Smartphone or computer system. All you need is an internet connection and a web browser such as internet explorer, Chrome, Safari, and Firefox.
Setup Belkin Wireless Router in Easy Steps:
- First of all, take the Belkin router out of the box and connect it to a power source that is close to your modem.
- Now, connect your modem to the wall outlet and take an ethernet wire to connect modem to the Belkin router’s ethernet port.
- Wait for some time, so that the lights on your router become solid before moving forward with the installation process. These are the fixed steps that you need to perform for setting up the router.
- After this, you have two choices, either install the router using ethernet wire or without using ethernet wire.
Method 1: Setting up Belkin Router Without Using Ethernet Wire:
- Once you are done connecting the router and the modem. The next thing that you need to do is to reboot your modem and the router. Now, wait for one minute.
- Now, take your smartphone or turn on your computer system and go to the section of wireless network.
- Refresh the list of wireless network appearing in front of you. Check if there is a new network appearing on the list.
- If the network is unsecured, then connect to the network. In case, the network is secured, then look at your wireless router’s bottom. There you will locate the password and the network name. In case, you don’t find anything there, then reset the router and restart it.
- Now to setup Belkin wireless router in easy steps, try to link your router to the network once again and log into the Belkin router page by entering default IP address.
- On your smartphone or computer system, launch the internet browser.
- Now to setup Belkin wireless router in easy steps, go to the location bar and type the IP address 192.168.2.1 in it. Now, press enter or click on login for opening the Belkin router dashboard.
- Initially, the modem will start detecting the router and test the compatibility. Then, select your internet connection. For this, you may have to contact your ISP.
Note: It is really important for you to know the type of connection. Ask your service provider about the type of connection that they are providing you such as static IP connection, PPPOE, DHCP etc.
- Select timezone and language for configuring it easily.
Here are Some of the Manual Steps that You Need to Proceed With:
- Now to setup Belkin wireless router in easy steps, navigate to wireless for setting up your network name and password.
- Go to the section of security type and choose WPA2-PSK and apply these settings.
- Create a difficult password and save these settings.
- Now to setup Belkin wireless router in easy steps, restart your router as well as the modem. After that, link it to the network of your Belkin router.
- In case, the guest network is open, then you must turn it off.
- You also have a choice to lock the dashboard of Belkin and create a new administrator password. This is how you can access as well as change the settings of your Belkin router.
Method 2: Setup Belkin Router by Using Ethernet Wire:
- Please ensure that your modem is connected to the router through the ethernet wire.
- Now, attach one side of the ethernet cable to the Belkin router and connect the other one to the Desktop or laptop.
- After that, follow the same steps that you followed in the first method to setup Belkin wireless router in easy steps. .