Troubleshooting Netgear Extender Red Light
Facing troubles because of decreased router performance due to its red light? Here are some great ideas for Troubleshooting Netgear Extender Red Light.
Methods for Troubleshooting Netgear Extender Red Light
Well, there are different methods you can follow to detect and resolve the causes of red light on Netgear wifi range extender. However before executing the hard troubleshooting process, always try rebooting you new wifi extender for one more time. Still, you find that the link rate light on range extender is red, you can simply perform these sequences of instructions until your issue gets fixed.
For Troubleshooting Netgear Extender Red Light, Follow these Given Steps:
Solution 1: Set Range Extender Network Name (SSID)
- Firstly, connect your computer to extender with the help of an Ethernet cable.
- Next, open the web interface on the url mywifiext.net
- In case, your Netgear extender login screen is unable to launch, check the instructions to troubleshoot Netgear Extender login error.
- Enter the correct Netgear extender login credentials in order to successfully login.
- Navigate to the Wi-Fi settings and make sure that you have enabled these options namely:
- Enable 2.4 GHz Wifi
- Enable 5.0 GHz Wifi
- Broadcast This Network name (SSID)
Note: for cases, if you own an old Netgear Extender then the path to go to these settings would be: Advanced tab >> Wi-Fi Settings >> “Enable Wireless Access Point” and “Enable SSID Broadcast”.
- At last, check the network name to verify that you are looking for the same SSID or not.
- If you are still finding the blinking red LED on Extender then go ahead with the other solutions.
Solution 2: Activate Fast Lane Technology on Range Extender
Another reason for your Netgear Extender red light may be poor performance of your device. So, if you want to improve it, then you must first enable the fast lane technology on your device with the help of following steps:
- Position your computer/ smartphone, router, and extender halfway away from each other.
- Open any installed web browser on your device and navigate to Netgear Extender login page.
- Once you login to your account successfully, click on Operating Mode under the Advanced Option in the left pane.
- Select the Fast lane technology option and further you have opt out of two options for your device network.
- Option 1: Device to Extender in 5 GHz only and Netgear extender to router in 2.4 GHz only
- Option 2: Device to Extender in 2.4GHz and extender to router in 5.0 GHz only.
Note: Make sure that your device supports 5GHZ band for implementing option 2.
- Click over the ‘Save’ button to save the applied changes to your router. After that you can disconnect your extender from the previous network.
- At last, you can restart your device and check if the red light on extender fades away and connects to access point or not.
Solution 3: Add Extender Mac Address into AP List
- Now, firstly you would be thinking about how to find this virtual Mac address from the Wi-Fi range extender. Well, it's simple as you can turn your extender device upside down and obtain two real Mac address with label “MAC” at front.
- Next, configure the Access Control using steps below:
- Use any web browser on your system to type routerlogin.net and login to your router.
- Now enter the Smart Wizard or Genie Interface via authenticated Netgear router login credentials.
- If you don't know the login router credentials, then you can fix and recover Router logins.
Note: The steps to access Smart Wizard Interface and Genie are the same.
- Click on Advanced >> Wireless Settings option in the left pane of the window.
- Next, tap on Setup Access list.
- Find and select Netgear Range Extender from the list to manually add it to your Wireless Card Access Setup.
- Under the Wireless card Entry, enter your device name and Mac Address in the given fields.
- Finally, enable the “Turn Access Control ON” checkbox after you have added wireless Mac address into the list.
- Click on OK to save modified settings.
- Still, struggling while Troubleshooting Netgear Extender Red Light then let’s dig into the next solution.
Solution 4: Change Wireless Channels on Router
Configuring the router settings might help you in Troubleshooting Netgear Extender Red Light. For this, you can simply login to your Netgear Nighthawk Genie Interface and set the network compatible channel values.
Solution 5: Reset and Reboot Netgear Extender
If you had failed trying with all these methods of Troubleshooting Netgear Extender Red Light, then hard reset your router device. Remember, that you don't forget to reboot your device after the process completes.