I have a TP-Link router at home and I have been using it for quite some time without any major issues. Often the problems got resolved by simply rebooting the device, but recently due to some trouble during the update, I needed to change a few settings on the page. But, I cannot login to my TP-Link router. Can anyone tell me what is wrong and how can I fix this problem??
Generally, this problem should not occur if your router is working fine, but still, we recommend you to hard reset your router first and then follow the instructions below to login to your router.
1. Connect your computer to your TP-Link router either via a wired ethernet connection where one end goes inside the LAN port of your router while the other end goes inside the ethernet port on your computer or wirelessly over the wifi.
2. Open your web browser and type in your local IP address into the URL address bar at the top and hit Enter this will redirect you to the login page of your TP-link router.
Note: If you do not know your local IP address, click here.
3. Once on the login page, you will notice the box for Username and Password. Since you have already reset your printer you need to enter the default login credentials. These are generally printed under your router device. If there is nothing printed at the back, follow default login details as mentioned below.
Password: password/ 'blank'
4. Now you will be logged into your router's settings page, from here you can change and control different fucntionalities of your TP-Link router.
5. Since it is not easy to remember the admin login details, we suggest you change your login information to something relevant which you can remember. Change it from the Admin Settings Page.