Reset Nighthawk WiFi Extender -
You need to reset the Nighthawk wifi extender when the constant weakened internet connection is severely affecting your workflow. The main purpose of the Nighthawk wifi extender is to enhance internet signal strength from any corner of your house especially the dead zones or areas with obstructions.
Setting up the Netgear WiFi Extender Steps:
- Press the power on/off button of your extender and place the Nighthawk device close to your router.
- Connect your wifi extender’s network to your device(Computer/Mobile phone).
- The default wifi network name is NETGEAR_EXT and the default password is password.
- Enter mywifiext.net in a browser to view the New extender setup page.
- Select the admin credentials of the new extender setup.
- Answer 2 security questions to retrieve your extender's admin credentials in case you forgot them.
- Select a new SSID and password for your extender device and note it down.
- Now connect the Netgear extender network to your device to continue.
If you are not getting optimum connection despite using a wifi extender, it means that the device has accumulated too much memory.
Constant rebooting affect the device’s performance adversely. So the best way to address the issue is to factory reset Nighthawk wifi extender to its default settings.
But before you take the plunge, remember, that a reset will delete all your personalized settings including username, password, security settings, and go back to factory defaults.
Ways to Reset Nighthawk WiFi Extender Back to Factory Defaults -
- Use the Factory reset button
- Use the Web GUI interface
Use the Factory Reset Button
- Click the Netgear extender power button to switch it on.
- Locate the Reset button at the back or side panel of your extender.
- Get hold of a paper pin or a sharp clip and press the Reset button for a few seconds.
- Now release the Factory Reset button of your extender.
- Wait for some time till the extender reboots.
- Once rebooted the extender will go back to factory settings.
Use the Web GUI Interface
- Make sure that your Netgear extender is connected to your router.
- Select your device(laptop or desktop).
- Open an internet browser like Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Internet Explorer on your computer.
- Enter www.mywifiext.net in the browser address bar.
- The Netgear Extender Admin Page will appear. Click the login option to display the Genie page.
- Click Settings>Other Settings.
- Hit the Reset button and click Yes to continue.
Points to Remember While You Reset Nighthawk WiFi Extender
- Keep your Netgear Nighthawk wifi extender close to your router for optimum connection.
- Select a suitable place for connecting the extender to the router.
- The extender should be placed halfway between the router and the computer.
- The link status LED light will turn white when you choose the best spot for connecting the router to the wifi extender.
- You can now connect your computer to the Wifi network and get the best results.
Reset Nighthawk wifi extender and say goodbye to dropped internet connections by increasing your network coverage area.