Solution for Linksys Router No Internet Access:
In case you are setting up a router with your ISP, then one of the problem that you can face is no IP address or WAN registered. This problem is very common if you are using a cable modem as they do not get recognized by the routers on the spot. In order to have a better communication with the modem, you need to configure the router manually. Follow the steps given below if you want to resolve the problem of Linksys router no internet access.
For Windows 7 User:
- Click on the Windows button and then go to the search area and type cmd in it. Now, press enter.
- Now, that you have opened up the window of command prompt, enter ipconfig/all and then press enter.
- Find the section of local area connection and note physical address. The physical address that you obtain is also known as the MAC address.
- Link the modem and computer system to your Linksys router to fix Linksys router no internet access.
For Windows XP Users:
- Go to start menu and then select run.
- After that to fix Linksys router no internet access, put cmd in the blank area and then click on OK.
- After opening up the window of command prompt, put ipconfig/all and then enter.
- Find the section of ethernet adaptor local area connection and then note the physical address, which you will use in the web-based setup page.
- Connect your modem and computer system to the Linksys router to fix Linksys router no internet access.
Go to the Setup Page and then Enter the MAC Address Manually:
- Disconnect the modem that was provided to you by the internet service provider from the power source.
- Go to the internet-based setup page of the Linksys router.
- Go to the sub-tab of Mac address clone by going to the main setup page.
- Click on enable and then enter the Mac address manually in the blank boxes.
- Save these settings and then move to the status tab. There is one important thing that you must not forget and that is the ethernet adapter
- command prompt must match the internet Mac Address. If you are 100 percent sure that they match, then turn off the router and disconnect it from the power source.
- Reconnect the modem to the electricity source and wait for the lights to get synced, which includes both downstream as well as upstream lights.
- After that to fix Linksys router No internet access problem, turn on your router and then wait for the lights to get synced.
- Get an access to the internet-based setup page of the router and then select the status tab to check the IP address of your internet service provider.
- The IP address of the modem will now be displayed on the status page of the Linksys router. You can now open your web browser and open any website to check your internet connection.