Hello , I wannt to reset Linksys router password, but i don't know how to reset Linksys router password. Please give me idea about that.
Remember that the admin interface of the Linksys Router should also be secured with a typical and highly secure password to prevent others from accessing it and changing its security settings.
A strong password is always difficult to try and break. So, this guide basically helps you to reset Linksys password following some simple instructions.
Accessing and controlling your wi-fi network settings is easy from the web interface of Linksys Router. You can access the Web interface of your Linksys router from your computer system using a wired or wireless connection. Ensure that the two devices are connected properly.
To reset Linksys router password or configure other admin settings, you should be logged into your account from a web interface. For this, you need to:
Sometimes, it might happen that you are unable to access the web interface of the Linksys Router. This means that someone may have changed the IP address of your router, which you can locate via Command Prompt. The possibility may also be that some unauthorized person has changed your account password.
1. Open a command prompt on your laptop or desktop system. For Windows 8.1 users, you can press Windows+X to display the Power User menu and then click on Command Prompt option to open it.
2. Type this command "ipconfig" into the Command Prompt window and press the Enter button to finish. Your network information is displayed on the command prompt screen.
3. You can check the IP address of the Linksys Router in the Default Gateway section. Further, use this in the Web browser on your system and access the Web interface of your Router device.
2. Choose any one of the security modes from the Security Mode drop-down box which you find is most secured for the device. Generally, WPA2 is the most secure encryption format for router systems and provides adequate protection for most users.
While WEP is an old encryption standard which is less secure than WPA and WPA2.
1. Now, you can select AES, the latest Wi-fi encryption standard from the WPA Algorithms drop-down box. If you are using an older version of Linksys Router then select TKIP+AES. As your older devices might not support the newer AES standard.
2. Quickly, enter a wireless password into the WPA Shared Key field. Remember to set a strong password to prevent it from security hacks or cracks by intruders and attackers.
3. Finally, click on Save Settings button to save and apply the changed settings for your Linksys router.
This is an optional step which you can follow to add a final layer of security to your Linksys Router. You can prevent other people from accessing the web interface and seeking your router information. Once, your admin panel password is cracked and known by the outsider, they might easily change your router settings also.
So, never forget to reset Linksys router password and admin password as well.
How to secure a Linksys wireless network from unauthorized access? Keeping a strong password is always a good approach to use tech devices, especially router devices which can be misused for some illegal or unauthorized purposes. In order to ensure a strong protected Linksys wireless network, you have to access the Linksys web interface.
Here in this article, you will get to know how to reset your Linksys router password to factory default settings.
In case you are not able to access the setup page of your router or you have forgotten the password of your router, then you will be required to reset your router to factory default settings. If you wish to reset your Linksys router, then you will have to press the reset button for 10 seconds.
If you reset your router to the factory default settings, then the password of your router will surely change. Leave the username section blank and enter admin in the password section.
Please ensure that the power LED light of your router is blinking when you press the button reset. This indicates that your router is resetting properly. After pressing the button of reset, disconnect, and then reconnect the power adapter of your router.
Note: The power LED light of your router will continue to blink for some seconds after you are done with resetting as it is trying to stabilize at that moment. However, if you find that the power LED light is still not solid after one minute, then you should power cycle your router.
Step 1: Access the web-based setup page of your router.
Step 2: Go to the administration tab and then click on the sub-tab of factory defaults.
Step 3: Under the section of factory defaults, select the button to restore factory defaults.
Once you are resetting your router to the factory default settings, reconfigure it according to the internet service you are receiving.
Step 1: Access the internet-based setup page of your router.
Step 2: Go to the administration tab.
Step 3: Under the section of Management, type-in the new password in the router password and then confirm the password by re-entering it.
Step 4: Now, save settings.
Note: You can use a combination of numbers and letters for the password of your router.
The administrator username and password are separate from the SSID and password of your wireless network. In case you are still having trouble resetting the administrative password of your router, then you may need to upgrade the firmware of your router.