Hello , I wannt to reset Linksys router password, but i don't know how to reset Linksys router password. Please give me idea about that.
How to secure your Linksys wireless network from unauthorized access? Keeping a strong password is always a good approach to use tech devices, especially router devices which can be misused for some illegal or unauthorized purposes. In order to ensure a strong protected Linksys wireless network, you have to access the Linksys web interface.
Remember that the admin interface of the Linksys Router should also be secured with a typical and highly secure password to prevent others from accessing it and changing its security settings. A strong password is always difficult to try and break. So, this guide basically helps you to reset Linksys router password following some simple instructions.
Accessing and controlling your wi-fi network settings is easy from the web interface of Linksys Router. You can access the Web interface of your Linksys router from your computer system using a wired or wireless connection. Ensure that the two devices are connected properly.
To reset Linksys router password or configure other admin settings, you should be logged into your account from a web interface. For this, you need to:
1. Open a Web browser.
2. Enter 192.168.1.1 into the address field.
3. Now, press Enter to open the Linksys web interface on your system.
4. Start typing your username and password into the User Name and Password fields.
5. Finally, click OK to access the web interface of the Linksys Router.
Sometimes, it might happen that you are unable to access the web interface of the Linksys Router. This means that someone may have changed the IP address of your router, which you can locate via Command Prompt. The possibility may also be that some unauthorized person has changed your account password.
1. Open a command prompt on your laptop or desktop system. For Windows 8.1 users, you can press Windows+X to display the Power User menu and then click on Command Prompt option to open it.
2. Type this command "ipconfig" into the Command Prompt window and press Enter button to finish. Your network information is displayed on the command prompt screen.
3. You can check the IP address of the Linksys Router in the Default Gateway section. Further, use this in the Web browser on your system and access the Web interface of your Router device.
1. Under the Wireless tab section of admin interface, select the Wireless Security sub-tab.
2. Choose any one of the security modes from the Security Mode drop-down box which you find is most secured for the device. Generally, WPA2 is the most secure encryption format for router systems and provides adequate protection for most users. While WEP is an old encryption standard which is less secure than WPA and WPA2.
1. Now, you can select AES, the latest Wi-fi encryption standard from the WPA Algorithms drop-down box. If you are using an older version of Linksys Router then select TKIP+AES. As your older devices might not support the newer AES standard.
2. Quickly, enter a wireless password into the WPA Shared Key field. Remember to set a strong password to prevent it from security hacks or cracks by intruders and attackers.
3. Finally, click on Save Settings button to save and apply the changed settings for your Linksys router.
This is an optional step which you can follow to add a final layer of security to your Linksys Router. You can prevent other people from accessing the web interface and seeking your router information. Once, your admin panel password is cracked and known by the outsider, they might easily change your router settings also.
So, never forget to reset Linksys router password and admin password as well.
How to Reset Linksys Router Password?
Ans: Facing errors in getting online through Linksys ro...
Ans: Connect using a web browser. When you are first ...
Ans: Many users thinks to use my Linksys router for my ...
Ans: May be this will help you .............1. Insert t...
Ans: All Catalyst 2960-X Series Switches use a single U...
|Awarded a Best Answer||10 points|
|Answer Questions||2 points|
|Choose a Best Answer||3 points|
Technical Support Toll Free 1-800-214-6802 For Instant Help