Set up Nighthawk RAX80 Router:
The Nighthawk AX8 WiFi Mesh Extender is a new variety of WiFi Range Extender from NETGEAR. The AX8 features 8-Stream Wi-Fi 6 with speeds of up to 6 Gbps.Here we are going to discuss on how to set up Nighthawk RAX80 router.
Wi-Fi 6 technology gives improvements to network speed, efficiency, and capacity. Cutting-edge features like Orthogonal Frequency-Division Multiple Access (OFDMA) enable your router, extender, and devices to use your bandwidth more efficiently. As a result, more bandwidth is available for activities like streaming, gaming, and sharing media.
Wi-Fi 6 also enables your router and AX8 extender to communicate with more devices than ever simultaneously. This improvement in data transmission increases the speed and efficiency of your network because your devices don’t have to wait to send and receive information.
The Nighthawk AX8 provides benefits to older (Wi-Fi 5) devices as well. Compatible mobile devices get gigabit WiFi speeds through the use of 160MHz channel bandwidth technology.
The Nighthawk AX8 provides the following additional benefits:
- Improved battery life for mobile devices.
- Increased range of network coverage.
Guidelines to Set up Nighthawk RAX80 Router
Do follow the instructions to set up Nighthawk RAX80 router:
- For the initial setup process, place your extender in the same room as your router. You can move your extender to a new location after the setup process is complete.
- Plug in the power adapter to your extender and plug the power adapter into an outlet.
- Wait for the Power LED to turn green.
- If the Power LED does not turn green, press the Power On/Off button.
- On your mobile device, open the WiFi connection manager.
- Connect to the extender network called NETGEAR_EXT.
- Launch the Nighthawk app.
- Follow the prompts to connect your extender to your router’s WiFi network.
- After the setup is complete, move your extender to a different location.
These are the guidelines to set up Nighthawk RAX80 router.
See the following information for the features of the NETGEAR Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Mesh Extender:
Wi-Fi 6 features:
- Improvements from Wi-Fi 5. The Nighthawk AX8 provides 4x better performance than a Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) extender.
- Gigabit Internet. Enjoy the full speed of your Gigabit service plan and get Gigabit Internet speeds throughout your home.
- Orthogonal Frequency-Division Multiple Access (OFDMA). This feature enables your router, AX8 extender, and connected devices to use your bandwidth more efficiently by reducing the time between data transmissions. Consequently, more bandwidth is available for other devices.
High-Bandwidth Traffic Eefficiency with 8-Stream Multi-User-Multiple-Input
Multiple-Output (MU-MIMO): This technology enables your router and AX8 extender to communicate with many devices simultaneously. Wi-Fi 6 also enables your AX8 to use all 4 streams to transmit information.
160MHz channel support: Compatible devices can achieve speeds of up to 1733 Mbps with the availability of the 160 MHz channel. Faster network speeds mean more throughput for activities like Ultra-HD streaming and gaming. 160MHz channel support combined with the AX8’s 8 WiFi streams means more bandwidth for more devices.
- Powerful processor. The Nighthawk AX8 features a 64bit 1.8GHz dual-core processor for smooth 4K Ultra HD streaming and gaming.
- Nighthawk app support: Set up and manage your extender with the Nighthawk app.
- Smart Roaming: Smart Roaming enables you to move around your home without needing to change networks.
- Note: One WiFi Name must be enabled on your extender to use the Smart Roaming feature.
Steps to Log into Your WiFi Mesh or Nighthawk Mesh Extender:
- Go to a web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to your extender’s network. Popular web browsers include Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, and Google Chrome.
- Note: Your router and extender might have various WiFi network names (SSIDs). Check that you are connected to your extender’s network.
- If you did not allow the One WiFi Name feature, enter www.mywifiext.net into the address field of your web browser.
If you enabled the One WiFi Name feature, type one of the following URLs into the address field of your web browser:
- Windows-based computers. http://mywifiext or http://mywifiext.local
- Mac computers, iOS devices, and Linux devices. http://mywifiext.local
- Android devices. http://<extender’s IP address> (for example, http://192.168.1.3).