Setup Linksys WRT1900ACS Router:
To setup Linksys WRT1900ACS router is very easy. You can do it in 2 different methods easily on your own. There are two different methods for setup, find below the methods to setup Linksys WRT1900ACS router one by one.
Method 1: WRT1900ACS Manual Setup
Using the web interface of the router, we can install this router manually by opening Linksys router setup page. Now, change the settings manually like other WRT series older routers. I think this is a very simple process.
Method 2: WRT1900ACS Setup Using the Smart Setup Wizard
By setting up the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Router is made easy through Smart Setup Wizard. It is included in the firmware and is provided even if the router does not have an Internet connection or is in its default settings.
We will explain both setup Linksys WRT1900ACS router with or without CD or installation software.
Linksys WRT1900ACS Router Setup without CD or Manual Installation:
Step 1: Check Internet Connection
- First make sure that your modem is working. Connect your main computer directly to the modem.
- Make sure that your main computer is able to access the Internet directly through the modem.
- If you are not able to access the internet directly through the modem then contact your service provider and get your modem working first.
- If you have a DSL connection, you may not be able to enter the Internet directly via the modem. In such a case you must have a PPPoE Username and password from the DSL company.
- Make sure that you have the correct PPPoE username and password. if you do not have a PPPoE username and password then get in touch with your Internet service provider and get it.
Step 2: Make Connections to the Router
- Attach the computer and modem from the Linksys WRT1900ACS router with the Ethernet cable. Attach the modem to the Internet port (which is standing alone ) and computer to the Ethernet port.
- In case, you connect the modem and computer to the incorrect port, you will not be able to open the Linksys router setup page.
- If you have a computer connected to the WAN port then it will not communicate with the Linksys router.
- Connection is very important. You will find four lights, Power, WAN, wireless and Ethernet.
Step 3: Open the Setup Page
- Open browser and in the address bar type the number 192.168.1.1 . This is the default IP address of almost all the models.
- However you can open the command prompt and check the IP address on your computer.
- Enter your Router Password then click Log in.
- The default password is admin. If you are going to change it, type the new password instead.
- If the default password is not working then you can reset the device to the factory default.
- Push and stay on the reset button for 10 seconds. Free the reset button and wait for 30 seconds. Power cycle the router. Don’t forget that you will lose all the settings of the router when you reset it. If this is a brand new device then you can start with resetting it.
- You will find the Linksys WRT1900ACS router setup page on your screen.
Step 4: Change Internet Connection Settings
- In the left panel, you will see all the options required to change the settings. Click on ‘Connectivity’ under the router settings section.
- Click On Internet settings tab at the top.
- Now according to your internet service provider, you can change the Internet connection settings.
Step 5: Change Wireless Settings
- Modify the Wireless network Settings as shown in the image below.
- Like this is a Dual band router, you will find two different wireless networks.
- SSID is the name of the wireless network. Change both SSIDs. Keep the names of both the SSIDs different so that you can identify them.
- Modify the password for the wireless network ( remember this password ). This will be the password of the wireless network and you will have this password / key when you will try to connect any wireless computer or device to the network.
- These are the basic steps to setup Linksys WRT1900ACS router. You can also create a Guest network using this web based interface.
In the left panel you will set options. And try to attach various computer or wireless devices to the network and see if that works.