If you have lost your Netgear CD then you don't worry about it. You can install it without CD by the following points....
- Plug the ethernet cable coming from your modem into the internet port of the router.
- Take another ethernet cable plug it into the ethernet port of your computer and then plug into one of the 4 remaining LAN ports on the router.
- Make sure the computer is set to obtain an ip address automatically. Right click on network adapter select properties double click on internet tcp/ip and make sure it is set to obtain an ip address automatically.
- Unplug the power from the modem router and shut down the computer.
- After a minute or so plug in the modem 30 seconds later plug in the router and 30 seconds later restart the computer.
- When the computer comes back up click on Internet Explorer and run the setup wizard. If the setup wizard does not come up check to see if the computer gets an ip address from the router. How to check the ip address: Go to start run type cmd hit ok at the flashing cursor type ipconfig. You will get an ip address subnet mask and default gateway (router). For example 192.168.1.2 255.255.255.0 192.168.1.1 Type the ip address of the default gateway (router) into the internet explorer address bar and hit enter.